Al-Miqdad b. 'Abd Allah al-Hilli
|Full Name||Miqdad b. 'Abd Allah b. Muhammad al-Hilli al-Suyyuri|
|Well-Known As||Fadil Miqdad|
|Students||Abu l-Hasan 'Ali b. Hillal al-Jaza'iri, Ibn Qattan|
|Works||Irshad al-talibin ila nahj al-mustarshidin,Kanz al-'Irfan fi fiqh al-Quran,Al-Nafi' yawm al-hashr fi sharh al-bab al-hadi 'Ashr,Al-Tanqih al-ra'i' fi sharh mukhtasar al-nafi',...|
Miqdad b. 'Abd Allah b. Muḥammad al-Ḥilli al-Suyyuri (d. 826\1423) was a Shi'a jurist and theologian, known as Fadil Miqdad. He was born to a family from Bani Asad tribe in Suyyur, a village of Hilla, Iraq. After passing scholarly levels and obtaining spiritual virtues, he moved to Najaf, and stayed there to the end of his life. Al-Shahid al-Awwal was one of his most famous students. Abu al-Hasan 'Ali b. Hillal al-Jaza'iri, Shaykh Muhammad b. Shuja' Qattan known as Ibn Qattan, and Hasan b. Rashid al-Hilli were among his students.
Abu 'Abd Allah Miqdad b. Muhammad b. Husayn b. Muhammad al-Suyuri al-Hilli al-Asadi al-Gharawi, known as Fadil Miqdad and Fadil Suyyuri was one of the great personalities of Shi’a and expert in both intellectual and narrative sciences. He was a notable jurist and a worthful theologian. Biographers who wrote about him admired and praised him.
Although, he had a high status among Shi’a scholars, and his books were very common in various fields; not much have been reported from his life. What has been reported is that he was a resident of Suyyur (a village of Hilla, Iraq); he was from Bani Asad tribe and lived in Iraq; when Al-Shahid al-Awwal immigrated to Najaf, he attended his classes; he passed away in 826\1423 and was buried in Najaf.
- Abu l-Hasan 'Ali b. Hillal al-Jaza'iri
- Shaykh Shams al-Din Muhammad b. Shuja' Qattan al-Ansari al-Hilli, known as Ibn Qattan author of the book Ma'alim al-Din fi Fiqh Al Yasin
- Radi al-Din 'Abd al-Malik b. Shams al-Din Ishaq b. 'Abd al-Malik b. Muhammad b. Muhammad b. Fathan Hafiz al-Qummi
- Shaykh Zayn al-Din 'Ali b. Hasan b. 'Alali
- Shaykh Hasan b. Rashid al-Hilli
- Risala adab al-hajj
- Al-Ad'iya al-thalathun
- Al-Arba'un hadithan
- Irshad al-talibin ila nahj al-mustarshidin
- Sharh alfiyya (written by al-Shahid al-Awwal)
- Al-Anwar al-jaliyya fi sharh al-fusul al-nasiriyya (written by Nasir al-Din Tusi)
- Tajwid al-bara'a fi sharh tajrid al-balagha
- Al-Tanqih al-ra'i' fi sharh mukhtasar al-nafi'
- Al-Jami' al-fawa'id fi talkhis al-qawa'id
- Sharh si fasl (written by Nasir al-Din Tusi)
- Kanz al-'Irfan fi fiqh al-Quran
- Al-Lawami' al-ilahiyya fi al-mabahith al-kalamiyya
- Al-Nafi' yawm al-hashr fi sharh al-bab al-hadi 'Ashr
- Nadd al-dawa'id al-fiqhiyya 'ala madhhab al-imamiyya
- Nahj al-shadad fi sharh wajib al-i'tiqad (written by al-'Allama al-Hilli)
- Sharh Mabadi al-usul (written by al-'Allama al-Hilli)
- Tafsir Mughmadat al-Quran
- Fadil Miqdad, Kanz al-'irfan, preface, p.4-5
- Fadil Miqdad, Kanz al-'irfan, preface, p.8-9
- Fadil Miqdad, Kanz al-'irfan, preface, p.10-14
- Da'ira al-ma'arif tashayyu' . Intisharat Hikmat, 1390
- Fadil Miqdad, Kanz al-'irfan fi fiqh al-Qur'an, Tehran: Intisharat Murtadawi, 1369
- The material for this article is mainly taken from مقداد بن عبدالله حلی in Farsi Wikishia.