- March – Prophet Muhammad (s) performed his farewell Hajj (Dhu l-Hijja, 10 AH).
- March 19 – The Qur'an 5:67 known as "Tabligh verse" was revealed. The Shi'a believe that the subject of the verse was the succession of the Prophet (s) by Imam Ali (a). (Dhu l-Hijja 18, 10 AH).
- March 19 – On his return from farewell Hajj, the Prophet (s) introduced Imam Ali (a) as his vicegerent and people's guardian after himself at a place called Ghadir Khum and this event is called event of Ghadir (Dhu l-Hijja 18, 10 AH)
- March 19 – The Qur'an 5:3 known as "Ikmal verse" was revealed to the Prophet (s) during the event of Ghadir. In this verse God states that he had perfected the religion and completed the blessing. (Dhu l-Hijja 18, 10 AH)
- February - Muhammad b. Abi Bakr (d. Safar 38/July 658), son of Abu Bakr and companion of Imam Ali (a), (Dhu l-Qa'da).