Al-Ṣalawāt al-Shaʿbānīyya (Arabic: اَلصَّلَوات الشَّعبانِيَّة) is a supplication quoted from Imam al-Sajjad (a) which is recommended to be recited every day in the month of Sha'ban at noon and midnight. Shi'a usually recite it between Zuhr and 'Asr prayers. The general message of this Salawat is explanation of the position of the Ahl al-Bayt (a) and emphasis on their Wilaya.
In Misbah al-mutahajjid, al-Shaykh al-Tusi narrated that Imam al-Sajjad (a) recited this Salawat every day of Sha'ban toward the sunset and also at midnight. Other books such as Iqbal al-a'mal and Jamal al-usbu' have narrated it through al-Shaykh al-Tusi. What is narrated in Jamal al-usbu has differences with other versions of the narration. Also in Mafatih al-jinan, this supplication has been narrated in the common practices in the month of Sha'ban. Mawla Ahmad Wa'iz Yazdi (d. 1310/1892) has written Sharh du'a shajarat al-nubuwwa as a commentary on Salawat Sha'baniyya which includes 8000 verses of poem.
- In this supplication, the phrase of Salawat has been repeated several times. In this supplication, the reciter asks God to send peace upon the Prophet (s) and his family (a).
- What is most emphasized in Salawat Sha'baniyya is the position of the Ahl al-Bayt (a) and Imams (a).
- The Ahl al-Bayt (a) are the treasures of knowledge, the community where angels commute, position of divine mission and revelation.
- The Ahl al-Bayt (a) are like a rescue ship in crashing waves that if anyone clings on to will be saved and if anyone misses them will be drowned.
- Going ahead of or being left behind of the Ahl al-Bayt (a) will be obstacles to rescue and only those reach salvation who properly follow with the Ahl al-Bayt (a).
- God has made it obligatory to people to observe the rights of the Ahl al-Bayt (a), be obedience to them and accept their Wilaya.
- In this supplication, the reciter asks God to construct the house of his heart through obedience to God and does not make him embarrassed through transgression.
- Another message of this supplication is requesting the opportunity to help the poor and the needy.
- The month of Sha'ban is a month in which the Prophet (s) prayed its special prayers, fasted during its days and stayed the night vigil in its nights.
- In this supplication, the reciter also requests for the opportunity to follow the noble Prophet (s) in observing the practices of the month of Sha'ban and also for his intercession and for forgiveness.
|For the full text, see text:al-Salawat al-Sha'baniyya.|
- The material for writing this article has been mainly taken from صلوات شعبانیه in Farsi WikiShia.