Bayt al-ahzan (book)
|Bayt al-ahzan (book)|
|Author||Shaykh Abbas Qummi|
|Original title||بَیْتُ الْاَحْزان فی مَصائبِ سَیّدةِ النِّسْوان|
|Subject||Fatima al-Zahra' (a)|
|Genre||Historic and Narrative|
Bayt al-aḥzān fī masā'ib Sayyidat al-Niswān (a) (Arabic:بیت الاحزان في مصائب سیدة النسوان) is a historical book in Arabic about the life of Lady Fatima al-Zahra' (a). Shaykh Abbas Qummi, a Shi'a scholar of the fourteenth/twentieth century wrote this work in 1330/1911 and organized it in different chapters from Lady Fatima's (a) birth until her martyrdom and mentioned only the historical events. The book has had different translations and different prints.
- Main article: Shaykh Abbas Qummi
Shaykh Abbas Qummi, was a prominent Shi'a figure in the fields of hadith, Islamic history, sermons (wa'z), and religious orations (khataba). He has authored many books in different domains the best-known of which are Mafatih al-jinan, Safinat al-bihar, and Muntaha al-amal.
Date of Writing and Title of the Book
The book was written in Qom in 1330/1911. In its introduction, Muhaddith Qummi mentioned the title of the book as Bayt al-ahzan fi masa'ib Sayyidat al-Niswan (a), but in some prints, its title is mentioned as Bayt al-ahzan fi dhikr ahwalat Sayyidat Nisa' al-Alamin.
Muhaddith Qummi discussed the life of Lady Fatima al-Zahra' (a) in four chapters and in each chapter, he mentioned different issues. The author's approach is not analytical and in some cases, he has only reviewed hadiths.
According to what the author has mentioned in the introduction of the book, Bayt al-ahzan contains some chapters, but he did not mention their number; and since the text of the book is written continuously without headings, the order of the chapters is mentioned differently in different prints and translations.
- Chapter one: Birthdays, Names and teknonyms
- Chapter two: merits of Fatima al-Zahra' (a) (Mushaf of Fatima (a), her position before God, her God-wariness and asceticism, Fatima (a) after the demise of the Prophet (s), marriage of Lady Fatima (a))
- Chapter three: news of Saqifa and the events after the demise of the Prophet (s) (plots of hypocrites, how they took Imam Ali's (a) allegiance, Lady Fatima's (a) argument with Abu Bakr, events of the house of Lady Fatima (a), burning of the door, usurping Fadak, muchness of Fatima's (a) grief and crying, Lady Fatima's (a) mourning near the grave of the Prophet (s), her addresses to the First and Second Caliphs in her death bed, visiting her by the women of the Immigrants and the Helpers, Lady Fatima's (a) will and martyrdom, her burial and Imam Ali's (a) lamentation)
- The material for this article is mainly taken from بیت الاحزان فی مصائب سیدة النسوان (کتاب in Farsi WikiShia.