Ghurar al-akhbar wa durar al-athar (book)
|This article needs additional citations for verification.|
|Ghurar al-akhbar wa durar al-athar|
|Author||Al-Hasan b. Abu l-Hasan al-Daylami|
|Original title||غُرَرُ الأخبار و دُرَر الآثار فى مَناقب أبى الائمة الاطهار عَلی أمیرالمؤمنین|
|Subject||Excellences of Ahl al-Bayt (a)|
|Publisher||Qom: Dalil-i Ma|
Ghurar al-akhbār wa durar al-āthār fī manāqib abī l-aʾimma al-aṭhār ʿAlī Amīr al-muʾminīn (a) (Arabic: غُرَرُ الأخبار و دُرَر الآثار في مَناقب أبي الائمة الاطهار عَلي أميرالمؤمنين) is written by al-Hasan b. Abu l-Hasan al-Daylami one of Twelver Shi'a scholars of 8/14 century. Although the name of the book suggests that the book is only about the virtues of Amir al-Mu'minin (Imam 'Ali (a)), but its content is more general than just the virtues of Imam 'Ali (a); the book is a collection of narrations about virtues of Ahl al-Bayt (a) and vices of their enemies, signs of the Imam, etc.
- Main article: Al-Hasan b. Abu l-Hasan al-Daylami
Motivation for Writing
In the introduction of the book al-Daylami expresses his motive for writing this book:
- "As the virtues of Imam 'Ali (a) are infinite, I collected some of them for getting closer to God and so that they bring me salvation before God and to do a service for the Prophet (s) and Imam 'Ali (a) and in the day when their servants will be selected, I become one of them."
The book has 50 chapters. The first two chapters are about the merit of science, scholars, teaching and studying. But what is published has 35 chapters and the names of chapters are not as mentioned in the introduction. Generally the book has no specific arrangement.
Al-Daylami writes: "I didn't bring the chain of narration for hadiths because these hadiths are famous among scholars."
Here are some chapters of the book:
- The Prophet's affection to Imam Ali (a)
- Some of virtues specific to Imam Ali (a)
- Qur'an verses about Imam Ali (a) and other Imams
- The Event of Ghadir and wilaya of Imam Ali (a)
- The signs of the Imam
- Testimony of 12 Sahaba about Imamate of Imam Ali (a) before the first caliph.
- Properties which get a person closer to God
"Dalil-i Ma" publications, published this book edited by "Isma'il al-Dalygham al-Hamdani" under supervision of "library of al-'Allama al-Majlisi" in 1427/2006.
- Al-Daylami, Ghurar al-akhbar, p. 37
- Al-Daylami, Ghurar al-akhbar, p. 38
- The material for this article is mainly taken from غرر الاخبار و درر الآثار in Farsi Wikishia.
- Daylami, al-Hasan b. Abu l-Hasan al-. Ghurar al-akhbar wa durar al-athar, Qom, Dalil-i ma, 1427/2006.