Supplication of Farewell to Ramadan (by Imam al-Sadiq)
The supplication of farewell to Ramadan is a supplication cited from Imam al-Sadiq (a) by Abu Basir. The supplication is a goodbye to the Ramadan month. The Imam (a) asks God not make this the last farewell to the Ramadan month. Al-Shaykh al-Saduq cited the supplication in his Man la yahduruh al-faqih and al-Kulayni cited it in his al-Kafi.
- Ramadan is a month in which the Qur'an was revealed.
- Asking God to forgive one's sins before the Ramadan month ends.
- Asking God to make this Ramadan month the greatest with respect to blessings in protecting our piety and liberating our bodies and souls, meeting our needs, accepting intercessions (shafa'a) in our requests, completing bounties and removing evils from us.
- Laylat al-Qadr is superior to 1000 months.
- Asking God not to make our farewell to the Ramadan month our last farewell.
- Praising God outruns any descriptions.
- Al-Saduq, Man la yahduruh al-faqih, vol. 2, p. 164
- Al-Kulayni, al-Kafi, vol. 4, p. 165
- Al-Kulayni, Muhammad b. Ya'qub. Al-Kafi. Edited by 'Ali Akbar Ghaffari et. al. Tehran: Dar al-Kutub al-Islamiyya, 1407 AH.
- Al-Saduq, Muhammad b. 'Ali. Man la yahduruh al-faqih. Edited by 'Ali Akbar Ghaffari. Qom: Intisharat-i Islami, 1413 AH.