The 45th Supplication of al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya
Ziyarah 'Ashura' • al-Warith • Amin Allah • al-Jami'a al-Kabira • Al Yasin
Takbir • Tahmid • Tahlil • Tasbih • Tasbih of Lady Fatima (a) • Salawat • al-Yunusiyya • Istighfar
al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya • Mafatih al-jinan • Misbah al-mutihajjid • Iqbal al-a'mal • Miftah al-falah
|Days and Months|
Laylat al-Qadr • 15th Sha'ban • 'Arafa • Ramadan • Rajab • Dhu l-Hijja
The 45th Supplication of al-Ṣaḥīfa al-Sajjādīyya is one of Imam al-Sajjad (a)'s supplications in his al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya. The supplication has 56 sections and is also known as the "farewell to the month of Ramadan". At the beginning of the supplication, Imam al-Sajjad (a) mentions some divine attributes and then he salutes and farewells the month of Ramadan 20 times within 20 sections, mentioning some of its features. At the end of the supplication, there are things that God is asked to do for the supplicant.
- God asks for no rewards for what He gives, and He never regrets what He gives.
- God's rewards to a servant are never in accordance with he or she does.
- God gives His blessings to us without us deserving them and He forgives our sins out of His generosity.
- If God gives something to us, He never reproaches us for us (or remind us of His generosity), and if He refuses to give us something, it is not out of cruelty.
- God rewards whoever praises Him, even though he or she has learned to praise God from God Himself.
- God is patient with people who disobey Him, and He postpones their torture until when they regret what they did.
- God gives ten times of rewards for a person who does good, and if a person does evil, he or she will be published only according to the evil.
- The month of Ramadan is the most distinguished month and superior to all other months, since God has revealed the Quran in this month, He has perfected people's faith in it, and called people to vigilance in Ramadan nights and He has put Laylat al-Qadr in it.
- God has given us an advantage over other nations by the month of Ramadan.
- If a person donates his or her property for the sake of God, they have planted a seed that grows into 7 clusters in which there are a hundred seeds, and God will increase the number for whoever He wishes to.
- What excuse is there for a person who overlooks the gate of repentance when it is opened by God?
- If God were not to send what He has sent from the Unseen world, then people would have no idea about it.
- In 20 sections of the supplication, Imam al-Sajjad (a) salutes and farewells the month of Ramadan 20 times. The phrase "al-salam 'alayk" in Arabic both means to say hello and to farewell. Here it means the latter.
- God has made Eid al-Fitr a day of celebration for the believers.
- God is the most generous person to whom people turn and the most effective person on whom people rely.
|For the full text, see text:The 45th Supplication of al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya.|
- The material for this article is mainly taken from دعای چهل و پنجم صحیفه سجادیه in Farsi Wikishia.