Munāfiq (Arabic: المنافق) or hypocrite is a person who has not truly embraced Islam but pretends to be a believer. The phenomenon of hypocrisy (nifaq) appeared in Islamic history when the Prophet (s) migrated to Medina and gained power there, because unbelievers found it in their worldly interest to pretend being Muslims. "Hypocrite" is among the concepts that have been repeated in the Quran several times. Sura al-Munafiqun (Quran 61) mentions some of the characteristics of the hypocrites and rebukes them. According to historical reports, the Prophet (s) used to tolerate the hypocrites but at the same time counteract their evil works. For instance, Masjid Dirar, which had become a base for the hypocrites were destroyed by the Prophet’s command. Countinue reading...
Did you know...
- Jami' al-Azhar (al-Azhar University) were built in the time of Fatimids in order to teach Isma'ili teachings?
- ...the Prophet (s) shrouded Fatima bt. Asad (a) in his dress and before her burial, he lay down in her grave to pray for her?
- ... Muhammad Taqi al-Shirazi issued a fatwa in support of Iraqi independence in 1337/1918 to the effect that no Muslim has the right to elect a non-Muslim as ruler.
- ... according to some reports, the Wa In Yakad Verse is useful to prevent evil eyes of envious people?
- 232 AH – Birth of Imam al-Hasan al-Askari, the eleventh Imam of Twelver Shi'a, (December 2, 846 CE)
- 1577 CE – Death of Isma'il II, the Safavid king (Ramadan 13, 985)
- 1929 CE – Birth of Sayyid 'Abd al-'Aziz Tabataba'i Yazdi (Jumada II 21, 1348 AH)
- 2000 CE – Demise of Sayyid Mahdi Ruhani (Sha'ban 26, 1421 AH)
- 2019 CE – Demise of Abulfazl Mirmuhammadi, member of the Assembly of Experts of Iran (Rabi' I 26, 1441 AH)
Tomorrow, Wednesday: Rabi' II 9/November 25
- 1904 CE - Demise of Mulla Muhammad Fadil Sharabiyani (Ramadan 17, 1322 AH)
- 1965 CE - Demise of Hakim Farzana (Sha'ban 1, 1385 AH)
- 1993 CE - Demise of Sayyid Ahmad Faqih Imani (Jumada II 10, 1414 AH)
- 2004 CE - Demise of 'Ali Pahlawani Tihrani (Sa'adat Parwar) (Shawwal 12, 1425 AH)
- 2010 CE - Demise of Muhammad Rida Ja'fari (Dhu l-Hijja 18, 1431 AH)
Thursday: Rabi' II 10/November 26
- 201 AH – Demise of Lady Fatima al-Ma'suma (a), the daughter of Imam al-Kazim (a), (November 5, 816 CE)
- 744 CE – Beginning of the caliphate of Marvan II, the last caliph of Umayyads (Safar 15, 127 AH)
- 1949 CE – Demise of Muhammad 'Ali Shahabadi (Safar 4, 1369 AH)
- 1953 CE – Demise of al-Sayyid Sadr al-Din al-Sadr (Rabi' I 19, 1373 AH)
- 1978 CE – Demise of Muhammad Gharawi Kashani (Dhu l-Hijja 25, 1398 AH)
Friday: Rabi' II 11/November 27
- 864 CE – Conquest of Amol by al-Da'i al-Kabir (Shawwal 23, 250 AH)
- 1915 CE – Birth of Sayyid Muslih al-Din Mahdawi Isfahani (Muharram 19, 1334 AH)
- 1995 CE – Demise of Muhammad 'Ali Sharqi, (Rajab 4, 1416 AH)
- 1995 CE – Demise of Sayyid Sadiq Guharin, a scholar of Sufism (Rajab 4, 1416 AH)
Saturday: Rabi' II 12/November 28
- 1885 CE – Demise of Shaykh Ja'far Shushtari (Safar 20, 1303 AH)
Sunday: Rabi' II 13/November 29
- 1742 CE – Birth of al-Sayyid Muhammad Mahdi Bahr al-'Ulum (Shawwal 1, 1155 AH)
- 1956 CE – Martyrdom of Sayyid 'Abd al-Husayn Wahidi, a member of Fada'iyan-i Islam (Rabi' II 25, 1376 AH)
- 1980 CE – Demise of Kazim Mujtahid Shabistari (Muharram 21, 1401 AH)
- 1994 CE – Demise of Muhammad 'Ali Araki (Jumada II 25, 1415 AH)
Monday: Rabi' II 14/November 30
- 1022 CE – Demise of al-Shaykh al-Mufid (Ramadan 3, 413 AH)
Tuesday: Rabi' II 15/December 1
- 1937 CE – Martyrdom of Sayyid Hasan Mudarris, the Iranian faqih and politician, (Ramadan 27, 1356 AH)
- 1997 CE – Demise of Mirza Jawad Sultan al-Qurra'i Tabrizi (Rajab 30, 1418 AH)
Wednesday: Rabi' II 16/December 2
- Punishment of Thamud, people of the prophet Salih, according to some narrations
- 1067 CE – Demise of al-Shaykh al-Tusi, one of the greatest Shi'a jurists, (Muharram 22, 460 AH)
- 1205 CE – Birth of al-Muhaqqiq al-Hilli (Rabi' II 18, 602 AH)
- 1921 CE – Death of Mirza Kuchak Khan Jangali (Rabi' II 1, 1340 AH)
Thursday: Rabi' II 17/December 3
- 1891 CE – Issuing a fatwa by Sayyid Muhammad Hasan Shirazi declaring that the use of Tobacco is haram during the Tobacco Movement (Jumada I 1, 1309 AH)
- 1930 CE – Birth of Sayyid Mustafa Khomeini (Rajab 12, 1349 AH)
- 1999 CE – Demise of Sayyid Ibrahim 'Alam al-Huda Sabziwari (Sha'ban 24, 1420 AH)
You may also like...
Other Websites of Ahl al-Bayt World Assembly