During the time of the Umayyads and the Abbasids this area was in the hands of the caliphs. Yet, some of these caliphs, including 'Umar b. 'Abd al-'Aziz and al-Ma'mun, returned it to the descendants of Lady Fatima (a), but the subsequent caliphs seized them. Today, Fadak is located in a city called al-Hait. Read more...
- Jami' al-Azhar (al-Azhar University) were built in the time of Fatimids in order to teach Isma'ili teachings?
- ...the Prophet (s) shrouded Fatima bt. Asad (a) in his dress and before her burial, he lay down in her grave to pray for her?
- ... Muhammad Taqi al-Shirazi issued a fatwa in support of Iraqi independence in 1337/1918 to the effect that no Muslim has the right to elect a non-Muslim as ruler.
- ... according to some reports, the Wa In Yakad Verse is useful to prevent evil eyes of envious people?
- 1692 CE - Birth of Hazin Lahiji (Rabi' II 27, 1103)
- 2017 CE - Death of 'Abd al-Husayn al-Shabistari (Rabi' II 18, 1438)
Tomorrow, Monday: Jumada II 3/January 18
- 11 AH - martyrdom of Lady Fatimah al-Zahra' (a) (b. 9 BH/614), daughter of prophet Muhammad (s) and wife of Imam Ali (a), (August 26, 632 CE).
- 1273 AH - Demise of Mir Sayyid Hasan Mudarris Isfahani (January 29, 1857)
- 1384 AH - Demise of Muhammad Ibrahim Ayati (October 10, 1964)
- 1399 AH – Martyrdom of Morteza Motahhari, a prominent shi'a jurist, philosopher and theologian (May 1, 1979 CE).
- 739 CE - Martyrdom of Zayd b. Ali during his uprising against Umayyads (Safar 2, 121)
- 909 CE - Demise of Musa al-Mubarqa', son of Imam al-Jawad (a) (Rabi' II 22, 296 AH)
- 1629 CE - Death of Shah 'Abbas I, the Safavid king (Jumada I 23, 1038)
- 1932 CE - Demise of Ali al-Khoei (Ramadan 9, 1350)
- 1956 CE - Martyrdom of Sayyid Mujtaba Nawwab Safawi (Jumada II 4, 1375)
- 2011 CE - Demise of Sayyid 'Ali Gulpaygani (Safar 12, 1432)
Tuesday: Jumada II 4/January 19
- 684 CE - Death of Mu'awiya b. Yazid (Jumada I 25, 64)
- 1624 CE - Conquest of Baghdad by 'Abbas I, Safavid king (Rabi' I 28, 1033)
- 1952 CE - Demise of Muhammad Nahawandi (Rabi' II 21, 1371)
- 1953 CE - Demise of Sayyid Muhammad Hujjat Kuhkamara'i (Jumada I 3, 1372)
- 1988 CE - Martyrdom of al-Sayyid Mahdi al-Hakim (Jumada I 29, 1408)
- 2007 CE - Demise of Muhammad Hadi Ma'rifat (Dhu l-Hijja 29, 1427)
Wednesday: Jumada II 5/January 20
- 630 CE - The Battle of Hunayn (Ramadan 29, 8)
- 820 CE – Death of Muhammad b. Idris al-Shafi'i the third prominent faqih (jurist) of Sunni jurisprudential thoughts, (Rajab 30, 204 AH)
- 1870 CE - Demise of Sayyid Muhammad Quli Naqawi Nayshaburi (Shawwal 17, 1286)
- 1953 CE - Demise of Haydar Quli Sardar Kabuli (Jumada I 4, 1372)
- 1985 CE - Demise of Sayyid Ahmad Khwansari (Rabi' II 27, 1405)
- 2001 CE - Demise of Mahdi Ha'iri Tihrani (Shawwal 24, 1421)
Thursday: Jumada II 6/January 21
- 1193 CE - Birth of al-Sayyid b. Tawus (Muharram 15, 589)
- 1843 CE - Birth of Sayyid Muhammad Tabataba'i (Dhu l-Hijja 19, 1258)
- 1941 CE - Demise of Shaykh 'Abbas Qumi (Dhu l-Hijja 22, 1359)
Friday: Jumada II 7/January 22
- 13 AH - Death of Abu Bakr, according to some account (August 8, 634)
- 1963 CE – Imam Khomeini boycotted the illegal referendum called "Inqilab Sefid" (white revolution) proposed by Shah. (Sha'ban 26, 1382 AH)
Monday: Jumada II 10/January 25
- 1985 CE – Demise of Mullah 'Abd Allah Mudarris Gurji (Jumada I 3, 1405 AH)
Tuesday: Jumada II 11/January 26
- 1850 CE - Birth of Mulla Fath Allah Shari'at Isfahani (Rabi' I 12, 1266 AH)
- 1932 CE - Demise of Jamal al-Din Kalbasi (Ramadan 17, 1350 AH)
- 2011 CE - Demise of Muhammad 'Ali al-'Amri (Safar 20, 1432 AH)
Other Websites of Ahl al-Bayt World Assembly