(Redirected from 680)
- October 2 – Entrance of Imam al-Husayn (a) into Karbala (Muharram 2, 61 AH)
- October 3 – Army of 'Umar b. Sa'd entered Karbala and surrounded Imam al-Husayn (a). (Muharram 3, 61 AH)
- October 10 – The battle of Karbala took place and led to the martyrdom of Imam al-Husayn (a), his companions and relatives. 10th of Muharram is known as the day of Day of Ashura' and is a very important day for Shia because of what has happened to Imam al-Husayn (a) in 680 CE (Muharram 10, 61 AH)
- October 31 – Arrival of the captives of Karbala in Syria (Safar 1, 61 AH).
- November 4 – Martyrdom of Ruqayya, the daughters of Imam al-Husayn (a), in the Ruins of Syria (Safar 5, 61 AH).