Sayyid Muhammad Hasan Tabataba'i Mirjahani
|Full Name||Sayyid Muhammad Hasan Tabataba'i Mir Jahani Muhammadabadi Jirquya'i Isfahani|
|Place of Birth||Jirquya, Isfahan|
|Studied in||Isfahan, Najaf|
|Burial Place||Near the tomb of al-'Allama al-Majlisi|
|Professors||Shaykh Diya al-Din 'Iraqi, Sayyid Abu l-Hasan Isfahani, Shaykh 'Abd Allah Mamaqani, Sayyid Muhsin al-Hakim, Hajj Aqa Husayn Qummi, Sayyid 'Abd al-Hadi Shirazi|
|Works||Juna al-'asima, Shahab thaqib, Dhakhira al-ma'ad, Wilayat kuliyya|
Sayyid Muḥammad Ḥasan Ṭabāṭabāʾī Mīrjahānī Muḥammadabādī Jirquyaʾī Isfahānī (Arabic:سید محمدحسن طباطبایی میرجهانی محمدآبادی جرقویهای اصفهانی) (b. Dhu l-Qa'da 22, 1319/March 2, 1902 - d. Jumada II 21, 1413/December 17, 1992) was son of Mir Sayyid 'Ali. He was one of the Shi'a scholars in the 14/20 century and from Isfahani sadat whose lineage goes back to Imam al-Hasan (a). Mirjahani studied under Sayyid Abu l-Hasan Isfahani in Najaf and was one of his special students. Among his characteristics, his love to Ahl al-Bayt (a) especially Imam al-Mahdi (a) is remarkable.
Over 50 works of him remained in different subjects. Juna al-'asima is the most famous work of him which is about the life of Fatima al-Zahra (a).
Birth and lineage
He was 5 when he started to go to primary school. He learned to write, read, and recite the Qur'an when he was 7. Afterward he started to learn Arabic literature. He decided to go to Isfahan for studying Islamic sciences. He stayed in Najaf for a while and joined the class of Sayyid Abu l-Hasan Isfahani and became one of his close pupils. His great love to Ahl al-Bayt (a) especially Imam al-Mahdi (a) led him to write some books regarding signs of advent of Imam al-Mahdi (a) and logarithms of Sadat.
Some of his professors:
- Shaykh Muhammad 'Ali Mu'allim Habibababdi the author of the Makarim al-athar
- Sayyid Abu l-Qasim Dihkurdi
- Shaykh Muhammad 'Ali Fathi Dizfuli
- Shaykh Muhammad Rida Najafi Masjidshahi
- Mulla Muhammad Husayn Fisharaki
- Shaykh Diya' al-Din 'Iraqi
- Sayyid Abu l-Hasan Isfahani
- Shaykh 'Abd Allah Mamaqani the author of Tanqih al-maqal in 'Ilm al-rijal
- Sayyid Muhsin al-Hakim
- Hajj Aqa Husayn Qummi
- Sayyid 'Abd al-Hadi Shirazi
Mirjahani had considerable characteristics and one of them is his love and great affection to Ahl al-Bayt (a) especially to Imam al-Mahdi (a). Some of other characteristics of him are ascetism, contentment, taqwa, tahajjud and perseverance on dhikrs that are narrated from the infallibles.
Razi in his Gangina-yi danishmandan writes about him:
- "'Allama Mirjahani is one of outstanding scholars that I met. He is a literate, knowledgeable and an exact traditionalist. He was a virtuous person who was knowledgeable in traditional and rational sciences. He was an expert in al-'Ulum al-Ghariba and he was talented in giving sermon about the virtues of Ahl al-bayt (a). He had a remarkable aptitude for literature and he versified many poems in Persian and Arabic about the Prophet (s) and Ahl al-bayt."
The commentator of the book Juna al-'asima writes about Mirjahani:
- "I was lucky to meet him in Isfahan. He was very kind and sentimental and very modest and unselfish. His love to Ahl al-bayt (a) was apparent through his words. He gifted to me some of his works."
It is mentioned that he had more than 50 works, some of them are as follows:
- Ahkam rida' (demonstrative fiqh in Persian)
- Akhbar nujum, kawakib wa falakiyat
- Al-Buka' li al-Husayn (a), the book is about the rewards of mourning for Sayyid al-Shuhada (a) and the duties of mourners. It is published in 1400 AH by his handwriting.
- Tafsir 'um al-kitab, which is published in 1398 AH by Sadr library. The book also was published by his handwriting.
- Some booklets on Persian poems
- Some booklets on logarithms of sayyids
- Some booklets on exegesis of the Qur'an
- Juna al-'asima which is about the date of birth and life of Fatima al-Zahra (a)
- Dastan fukahi ya mukhtasar kitab absar al-mustabsirin, the book is about the debates of Shi'a and Sunni and published in 1377 AH.
- Al-Durar al-maknuna fi al-imam wa al-imama wa sifatih al-jami'a, the book contains 2000 verses about Imama and the comprehensive characteristics of Imam and history of the imams (a). It is published in Tehran by the Sadr library in 1388 AH.
- Diwan hiyran, it is published by the Sadr library in 1371 SH
- Dhakhira al-ma'ad, the book contains prayers and traditions of different times.
- Rawayih al-nasamat, which is a commentary on al-Simat supplication and published by handwriting of the author.
- Al-Sabika al-bayda' fi nasab ba'd al bani al-taba', the book aims to prove his siada (being sayyid) and was considered by the scholars of the time. Due to the arguments of the book, Ayatollah Burujirdi changed Mirjahani's white turban (which is appointed for non-sayyids) to black turban (which is only for sayyids)
- Sa'adat abadi, which is about the customs of holding religious ceremonies and published in Isfahan.
- Shahab thaqib, which is on refuting of the beliefs of heterodoxical sects and how to argue with them.
- Ganj raygan, the book contains different issues like al-'Ulum al-Ghariba and some narrations on wilaya.
- Ganjiniyi surur
- Kunuz al-hikam wa funun al-kalim, the book includes the sermons and speeches of Imam al-Hasan al-Mujtaba (a)
- Lawami' al-nur fi 'ala'im al-zuhur, the book is in Arabic.
- Misbah al-balagha fi mishkat al-siagha, mustadrak nahj al-balagha which is published in 1388 AH by his handwriting in two volumes.
- Maqamat akbariyya, which is about the history of 'Ali Akbar the older son of Imam Husayn (a).
- Maqalid al-jinan, the book is about prayers and ziyara which was published in Isfahan in 1360 AH
- Nawa'ib al-duhur fi 'ala'im al-zuhur, which is published by his handwriting in 1383 in two volumes
- Wilayat kuliyya, that is about defending the Ahl al-bayt (a) and was published in 1392 AH in two volumes by his handwriting.
- Juna al-'asima, p5
- Juna al-'asima, p 6-7
- The material for this article is mainly taken from in Farsi Wikishia.
- Mirjahani, Sayyid Hasan, Juna al-'asima, Mashhad, Bayt al-Zahra, 1426 AH