(Redirected from 260)
|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Years:||257 258 259 – 260 – 261 262 263|
- Rabi' I 8 - Beginning of the imamate of Imam al-Mahdi (aj) (January 1, 874 CE).
- Beginning of the Minor Occultation of Imam al-Mahdi (aj)
- Defeat of Husayn b. Zayd al-'Alawi against Ya'qub b. Layth al-Saffari in Tabaristan
- Rabi' I 8 – Imam al-Hasan al-'Askari, the eleventh Imam of Twelver Shi'a, (January 1, 874 CE).
- Narjis, wife of Imam al-Hasan al-'Askari (a) and mother of Imam al-Mahdi (aj) (According to narration of al-Shaykh al-Saduq)
- 'Abd Allah b. Sa'd al-Baghdadi
- Fadl b. Shadhan, a Shi'a faqih and a companion of Imam al-Hadi (a)
- Muhammad b. 'Isa b. 'Ubayd al-Yaqtini, a Muhaddith who's narrated from Imam al-Jawad (a) and is respected in Rijal sources
- Hunayn b. Ishaq, a physician who translated some medical works from Greek to Arabic
- Ya'qub b. Ishaq al-Kindi, Muslim philosopher and translator of many philosophical works from Greek to Arabic