(Redirected from 10)
|Centuries:||1st century BH – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Years:||7 AH 8 AH 9 AH – 10 AH – 11 AH 12 AH 13 AH|
This year is significant for Shi'a because of the last Hajj of the Prophet (s) known as Hajjat al-Wida', after which the Event of Ghadir took place and Imam 'Ali (a) was announced as the successor of the Prophet (s).
- Dhu l-Hijja – Prophet Muhammad (s) performed his farewell Hajj (March 632 CE).
- Dhu l-Hijja 18 – The Qur'an 5:67 known as "Tabligh verse" was revealed. The Shi'a believe that the subject of the verse was the succession of the Prophet (s) by Imam Ali (a). (March 19, 632 CE).
- Dhu l-Hijja 18 – On his return from farewell Hajj, the Prophet (s) introduced Imam Ali (a) as his vicegerent and people's guardian after himself at a place called Ghadir Khum and this event is called event of Ghadir (March 19, 632 CE)
- Dhu l-Hijja 18 – The Qur'an 5:3 known as "Ikmal verse" was revealed to the Prophet (s) during the event of Ghadir. In this verse God states that he had perfected the religion and completed the blessing. (March 19, 632 CE)
- Dhu l-Qa'da - Muhammad b. Abi Bakr (d. Safar 38/July 658), son of Abu Bakr and companion of Imam Ali (a), (February 632 CE).
- Rabi' I – Ibrahim son of the Prophet (s) (b. 8/630), passed away before the age of two, (June or July, 631 CE)