|Sayyid Ibrahim Mujab|
|Full Name||Sayyid Ibrahim b. Muhammad b. Imam Musa al-Kazim (a)|
|Well-known Relatives||Imam Musa al-Kazim (a)|
|Place of Residence||Kufa • Karbala|
|Burial Place||Shrine of Imam al-Husayn (a), Karbala|
Sayyid Ibrāhim b. Muhammad b. Mūsa al-Kāzim (a) (Arabic: سید إبراهيم بن محمد بن موسى الکاظم) known as Ibrahim al-Mujab and Ḍarir al-Kufi was the son of Muhammad al-'Abid and grandson of Imam Musa al-Kazim (a). About calling Ibrahim "al-Mujab", it is reported that he said greetings to Imam al-Husayn (a) and heard his answer from his grave. He was the first person among sayyids who immigrated to Karbala and stayed there. His grave is in the shrine of Imam al-Husayn (a).
Birth and Lineage
The date of Ibrahim's birth and his childhood are unknown. Some sources considered him an immediate son of Imam Musa al-Kazim (a), but most genealogists do not accept it and mention him as the grandson of Imam al-Kazim. He was the son of Muhammad al-Abid, son of Imam Musa b. Ja'far (a).
Living in Karbala
Sayyid Ibrahim went to Karbala in 247/861-2 and stayed there. According to the report of historians, he was the first person among sayyids who immigrated from Kufa to Karbala while he had lost his eyesight. In that period, Muntasir al-'Abbasi, son of Mutawakkil was the caliph. He was upset about Mutawakkil's harassment of Alids; so, he allowed them to visit the grave of Imam al-Husayn (a).
His Title as "al-Mujab"
About naming Ibrahim as "al-Mujab", Sayyid Taj al-Din b. Zuhra said that Ibrahim entered the shrine of Imam al-Husayn (a) and said, "Peace be with you, O father!" and an answer was heard from the grave, "and with you be peace, O my son!"; and thus, he became famous as "al-Mujab", meaning "the answered one".
When Sayyid Ibrahim passed away, he was buried in one of the courtyards of the shrine of Imam al-Husayn (a). But later, due to the expansion of the shrine, his grave was located in the eastern hall of the shrine, where today Shiite visit.
- Ḥirz al-Dīn, Marāqid al-maʿārif, vol. 1, p. 42.
- Faqīh Baḥr al-ʿUlūm, Ibrāhīm mujāb, p. 13.
- ʿAlawī, Rāhnamā-yi muṣawwar-i safar-i zīyāratī, p. 281.
- Qummī, Muntahā l-āmāl, vol. 3, p. 1566.
- Faqīh Baḥr al-ʿUlūm, Ibrāhīm mujāb, p. 11.
- ʿAlawī, Sayyid Aḥmad. Rāhnamā-yi muṣawwar-i safar-i zīyāratī. Qom: Nashr-i Maʿrūf, 1391 Sh.
- Faqīh Baḥr al-ʿUlūm, Muḥammad Mahdī. Ibrāhīm mujāb madfūn dar ḥāʾir-i ḥusyanī. Tehran: Mashʿar, 1393 Sh.
- Ḥirz al-Dīn, Muḥammad al-. Marāqid al-maʿārif. Qom: Saʿīd b. Jubayr, 1371 Sh.
- Qummī, Shaykh ʿAbbās. Muntahā l-āmāl. Qom: Dalīl-i Mā, 1379 Sh.