Al-Fawa'id al-radawiyya (book)
|Author||Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi|
|Original title||الفوائد الرضویة|
|Language||Arabic and Persian|
|Subject||Biography of Imamiyya scholars|
Al-Fawāʾid al-Raḍawīyya fi aḥwāl ʿulamāʾ al-madhhab al-Jaʿfarīyya (Arabic: اَلْفَوائدُ الرّضَویّة فی اَحْوالِ عُلَماء الْمَذْهَبِ الْجَعْفَریّة) is a book in Persian – Arabic about the life of Imamiyya Shi'a scholars written by Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi. In this two-volume book which Muhaddith Qummi finished in 1333/1915 in Mashhad, he mentioned the names of 1201 famous Shi'a scholars. This work was first published in 1367/1947-8 and later was printed several times.
- Main article: Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi
'Abbas b. Muhammad Rida Qummi, known as Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi and also Muhaddith Qummi. He was the Shi'a scholar of 14th/20th century in hadith, a historian and speaker. His most famous works are Mafatih al-jinan, Safinat al-bihar and Muntaha al-amal. In 1359/1940, Muhaddith Qummi passed away in Najaf and was buried in the shrine of Imam Ali (a).
Muhaddith Qummi wrote that, he first wanted to write a book in rijal about the life of scholars and faqihs; so, he wrote Tuhfat al-ahbab fi nawadir athar al-ashab to introduce some famous ones of the companions of the Prophet (s) and Imams (a) and the scholars of the Age of Minor Occultation. But afterwards, some problems hindered him from completing it. He emphasized that he was not disappointed in this way and in 1333/1915 could accomplish it.
About the name of the book, he wrote that, since he found the opportunity for this accomplishment near the shrine of Imam al-Rida (a), he chose the title as, "al-Fawa'id al-Radawiyya fi ahwal 'ulama al-madhhab al-Ja'fariyya".
Qummi wrote this work in alphabetical order and mentioned the names of 1201 Shi'a scholars in different centuries. His introductions are not similar in volume; from one line to some pages. Sometimes, among the introductions of people, he mentioned his memories related with the topic. The book is in Persian and Arabic; meaning that one or some paragraphs are in Persian and then one or some paragraphs are in Arabic.
The author has benefitted from different sources such as Shaykh Hurr al-'Amili's Amal al-amil, Mirza Husayn Nuri's Khatimat al-mustadrak, Sayyid Hasan Sadr's Takmilat al-Amal al-amil, Sayyid Ali Khan Madani's Salafat al-'asr and Sayyid Muhammad Baqir Khwansari's Rawdat al-jannat.
For the sake of concision in mentioning the names of sources, the author has used abbreviations for them; including:
- "مل" for Amal al-Amil
- "خک" for Khatima Mustadrak
- "کمله" for Takmilat Amal al-Amil
- "فه" for Salafat al-Asr
- "ضا" Rawdat al-Jannat
Researched by Nasir Baqeri Bidhendi, Qom, Bustan-e Ketab, 2006.
Researched by Javad Qayyumi Isfahani, Tehran, Dar al-Thaqalayn, 2007.
It has also been published with the title "Zendegi-nameh 'aleman-e Shi'a Ja'fari (Fawa'id al-Radawiyya by Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi in addition to the scholars of 14th century AH).
- Qummī, al-Fawāʾid al-raḍawīyya, vol. 1, p. 16.
- Qummī, al-Fawāʾid al-raḍawīyya, vol. 1, p. 20.
- Muḥaddith-i rabbānī, vol. 2, p. 736.
- Qummī, al-Fawāʾid al-raḍawīyya, vol. 1, p. 19; Muḥaddith-i rabbānī, vol. 1, p. 418.
- Qummī, al-Fawāʾid al-raḍawīyya, vol. 1, p. 19.
- Tehrānī, al-Dharīʿa, vol. 16, p. 341.
- Muḥaddith-i rabbānī, vol. 1, p. 418.
- Kungira-yi Buzurgdāsht. Muḥaddith-i rabbānī. Qom: Nūr-i Maṭāf, 1389 Sh.
- Qummī, Shaykh ʿAbbās. Al-Fawāʾid al-raḍawīyya. Edited by Nāṣir Bāqirī. Qom: Būstān-i Kitāb, 1385 Sh.
- Āqā Buzurg Tehrānī, Muḥammad Muḥsin. A l-Dharīʿa ilā taṣānīf al-shīʿa. Beirut: Dār al-Aḍwāʾ, [n.d].