Nawqān (Persian: نوقان) was a town at Khorasan and the tomb of 'Ali b. Musa al-Rida (a) is there. Al-Ya'qubi wrote in his al-Buldan: "The big city of Tus is called Nawqan." Al-Qazwini says: "Tus has two districts: Tabaran and Nawqan."
- Dihkhuda, Lughatnami, vol.15 p.22860
- Al-Ya'qubi, al-Buldan, p.45
- Al-Qazwini, Athar al-bilad, p.411
- Al-Ya'qubi, al-Buldan, p.471
- The material for this article is mainly taken from نوقان in Farsi Wikishia.
- Dihkhuda, 'Ali Akbar. Lughatnami. Tehran: Tehran University, 1377 sh
- Ya'qubi, Ahmad b. Ishaq al-. Al-Buldan. Tehran: Bungah Tarjima wa Nashr, 1356 sh
- Qazwini, Zakariyya b. Muhammad al-. Athar al-bilad wa akhbar al-'ibad. Beirut: Dar Sadir