Siffīn (Arabic: صِفّین) is an area in the west of al-Raqqa (the left bank of Euphrates River in the north of Syria). This area is located between al-Raqqa and Balis; the Battle of Siffin was occurred in this area.
According to the contemporary archaeologists' researches, Siffin is now at the same place of Abu Hurayra village which is in the west of al-Thawra city and approximately 55 km west of al-Raqqa.
- Al-Istakhri, al-Masalik wa l-mamalik, P.54; Al-Hamawi, Mu'jam al-buldan, vol.3 p.414; Al-Baghdadi, Marasid al-ittila' , vol.2 p.846
- Rayhawi, Taqrir, p.66
- Istakhri, Ibrahim b. Muhammad al-. Al-Masalik wa l-mamalik. Beirut: Dar al-Qalam.
- Hamawi, Yaqut al-.Mu'jam al-buldan. Beirut: Dar Sadir.
- Baghdadi, 'Abd al-Mu'min al-. Marasid al-ittila' . Beirut: Dar al-Jayl.
- Al-Rayhawi, Taqrir ula hawl inqadh al-athar fi mantaqa sad al-furat.