Ali b. Ibrahim b. Mahziyar al-Ahwazi
|Ali b. Ibrahim b. Mahziyar al-Ahwazi|
Tomb of Ali b. Ibrahim b. Mahziyar in Ahwaz
|Full Name||Ali b. Ibrahim b. Mahziyar al-Ahwazi|
|Companion of||Imam al-Mahdi (a)|
|Epithet||al-Ahwazi or al-Dawraqi|
|Wellknown Relatives||Ibrahim b. Mahziyar, Muhammad b. Ibrahim b. Mahziyar|
|Place of Birth||Dawraq|
|Place(s) of Residence||Ahwaz, Dawraq|
'Alī b. Ibrāhīm b. Mahzīyār al-Ahwāzī (Arabic: علي بن إبراهيم بن مهزيار الأهوازي), known as Ali b. Mahziyar, was a visitator of Imam al-Mahdi (a) during the Minor Occultation. He was the son of Ibrahim b. Mahziyar and the nephew of Ali b. Mahziyar al-Ahwazi who was a companion of Imams. His brother, Muhammad b. Ibrahim b. Mahziyar, was also Imam al-Mahdi's deputy in Ahwaz.
In his al-Ghayba, al-Shaykh al-Tusi quotes Ali b. Mahziyar as saying: "I pilgrimaged for hajj twenty times, and in all these pilgrimages, I wished to visit Imam al-Mahdi (a), but I failed to do so until I was told in a dream, 'O Ali! Go to the hajj this year as well!' I pilgrimaged that year and I visited Imam al-Mahdi (a)." The story is also cited in other books, such as Bihar al-anwar and al-Najm al-thaqib.
- Ṭūsī, al-Ghayba, p. 263-267.
- Majlisī, Mahdī mawʿūd; tarjuma-yi Biḥār al-anwār, p. 730.
- Nūrī, Najm al-thāqib, vol. 2, p. 854.
- Majlisī, Muḥammad Bāqir al-. Mahdī mawʿūd; tarjuma-yi Biḥār al-anwār. Translated to Farsi by ʿAlī Dawānī. Tehran: Islāmīyya, 1378 Sh.
- Nūrī, Mīrzā Ḥusayn al-. Najm al-thāqib fī aḥwāl al-Imām al-ghāʾib'.. Qom: Masjid-i Jamkarān, 1384 Sh.
- Ṭūsī, Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan al-. Al-Ghayba. Edited by ʿIbād Allāh Tihrānī and ʿAlī Aḥmad Nāṣiḥ. Qom: Dār al-Maʿārif al-Islāmīyya, 1411 AH.