Ṭawāsīn (Arabic: الطواسين) is a name of Qur'an 26 (Sura al-Shu'ara') and Qur'an 28 (Sura al-Qisas), which open with “ṭa-sīn-mīm” and Qur'an 27 (Sura al-Naml) which opens with “ṭa-sīn.” As to the virtue of the recitation of Suras of Tawasin, Imam al-Sadiq (a) was quoted as saying: if one recites Tawasin on Friday Eves, he will be a friend of God, and will be adjacent to Him and under His grace and support.
He will have no hardships in the world, and in the afterlife, he will be given as much of the Heaven as he will be satisfied or even beyond his satisfaction, and God will marry one hundred Hur al-'In to him. Moreover, al-'Allama al-Hilli said: the recitation of Tawasin is recommended, especially on Friday Eves.
- Rāmyār, Tārīkh-i Qur'ān, p. 597.
- Ḥurr al-ʿĀmilī, Wasāʾil al-Shīʿa, vol. 7, p. 411, Hadith 9722; Ḥuwayzī, Nūr al-thaqalayn, vol. 4, p. 74.
- Ḥillī, Tadhkirat al-fuqahāʾ, vol. 4, p. 117.
- Ḥurr al-ʿĀmilī, Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan al-. Wasāʾil al-Shīʿa. Qom: Muʾassisat Āl al-Bayt, 1414 AH.
- Ḥillī, al-Ḥasan b. Yūsuf al-. Tadhkirat al-fuqahāʾ. Qom: Muʾassisat Āl al-Bayt, 1414 AH.
- Ḥuwayzī, ʿAbd ʿAlī b. al-Jumʿa al-. Nūr al-thaqalayn. Edited by Ḥāshim Rasūlī Maḥallātī. 4th edition. Qom: Ismāʿīlīyān, 1415 AH.
- Rāmyār, Maḥmūd. Tārīkh-i Qur'ān. Tehran: Intishārāt-i Amīr Kabīr, 1387 SH.