Tuhfa-yi Radawiyya (book)
|This article does not cite any references or sources.|
|Publisher||Bustan-i Kitab Publication|
Tuḥfa raḍawīyya (Persian: تُحفه رَضَویّه) is a book regarding fiqh in one volume in Persian, written by the Shiite scholar, Muhammad Mahdi Naraqi. It is an essay concerning the rulings of tahara and prayer, knowledge of which is, according to Muhammad Mahdi Naraqi, obligatory for every Muslim. The book has two parts in which the relevant rulings are stated.
- Main article: Muhammad Mahdi Naraqi
Muhammad Mahdi b. Abi Dhar Fadil Naraqi, known as Muhaqqiq Naraqi (1128/1715 -1209/1794) was born in Naraq, near Kashan, and studied the preliminaries there. He then moved to Isfahan and studied with teachers there, especially Mulla Isma'il Khaju'i. Muhaqqiq Naraqi died in 1209/1794 in Kashan. His corpse was moved to Najaf and was buried in the Holy shrine of Imam Ali (a).
Title of the Book
Motivation for Writing
The author wrote the book for the needs of people to know about some essential rulings of shari'a. In the preface of the book he says:
- This is an essay concerning essential rulings of tahara and prayer, knowledge of which is obligatory for any Muslim. It was written at the request of some pious people who seek a provision for the hereafter.
Manner of Stating the Rulings
One distinguishing mark of this work is its logical and convenient classification of issues in each part. Although the book is in fact an essay of fatwas and is written for the author's followers, in most issues we can find the views and fatwas of other scholars as well, although without mentioning their names.
The book has two parts each of which contains some sections.
Part 1: Concerning the Issues of Tahara
- Section 1: on the types of water and their rulings
- Section 2: on najis objects and their rulings
- Section 3: on mutahhirat and their rulings
- Section 4: on the rulings of containers and skins
- Section 5: on the rulings of intercourse, manners of bath, and whatever leads to the tahara of the body
- Section 6: on wudu' and its rulings
- Section 7: on ghusls and their rulings
- Section 8: on tayammum and its rulings
Part 2: Concerning the Issues and Rulings of Prayer
- First introduction: types of prayers
- Second introduction: everyday nawafil (supererogatory prayers) and its related issues
- Section 1: preparations for the prayer and its conditions
- Section 2: actions and dhikrs involved in a prayer
- Section 3: problems occurring to the prayer
- Section 4: rulings concerning the abandonment of a prayer, its qada', congregational prayer, fear prayer, and prayer during a travel
- Section 5: obligatory prayers other than everyday prayers
- Section 6: traditional prayers.
Commentaries and manuscripts
Naraqi's son, Mulla Ahmad Naraqi, wrote commentaries on the book, citing many fatwas from Mu'tamad al-Shi'a, Talkhis, his father's Lawami' al-ahkam, and his own Mustanad al-Shi'a. Below are some manuscripts of the book:
- A manuscript of the Library of Ayatollah Mar'ashi Najafi.
Tuhfa radawiyya has been published many times. It was published by the Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy in Bustan-i Kitab publication, in Qom.
- The material for this article is mainly taken fromتحفه رضویه (کتاب)in Farsi WikiShia.