Ziyarah 'Ashura' • al-Warith • Amin Allah • al-Jami'a al-Kabira • Al Yasin
Takbir • Tahmid • Tahlil • Tasbih • Tasbih of Lady Fatima (a) • Salawat • al-Yunusiyya • Istighfar
al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya • Mafatih al-jinan • Misbah al-mutihajjid • Iqbal al-a'mal • Miftah al-falah
|Days and Months|
Laylat al-Qadr • 15th Sha'ban • 'Arafa • Ramadan • Rajab • Dhu l-Hijja
Al-Ziyārah al-Rajabiyya (Arabic: الزیارة الرجبیة) is a ma'thura ziyara of Shia (transmitted from one of the Infallible ones (a)) recommended to be recited in the month of Rajab in religious sites. According to al-Shaykh al-Tusi, this ziyarah was issued by Imam al-Mahdi (a).
The oldest reference which has mentioned this supplication is Misbah al-mutahajjid written by al-Shaykh al-Tusi (d. 460/1067) and after it, al-Mazar written by Muhammad b. Ja'far al-Mashhadi (d. 610/1213-14). Other references quoted from these two books, some of which are: al-Sayyid b. Tawus's Iqbal al-a'mal, al-Majlisi's Bihar al-anwar and Muhaddith Qummi's Mafatih al-jinan.
Chain of Narration
The chain of narration for this ziyara reaches Abu l-Qasim Husayn b. Ruh Nawbakhti, a special deputy of Imam al-Mahdi (a). Al-Shaykh al-Tusi wrote, "Ibn 'Ayyash transmitted it from Khayyir b. 'Abd Allah and he transmitted it from Husayn b. Ruh …" In the chain of narration for this supplication, Ibn al-Mashhadi has mentioned these three people. Other books of hadith and supplication have mentioned the original sources and their chains of narration.
Since this ziyarah is important regarding the chain of narration and messages, some great scholars have written commentaries on it such as:
- Sharh Ziyarah Rajab by Qadi b. Kashif al-Din Muhammad Ardakani Yazdi (d. 1075/1664-65)
- Allama Majlisi has interpreted some parts of this ziyarah in Bihar al-anwar.
- Sharh Ziyarah Rajabiyya written by Mirza Muhammad b. Muhammad Rida Sanabadi Mashhadi (11th/17th and 12th/18th centuries).
- Sharh Du'ay-i Rajab written by Hamid b. Muhammad Husayn Musawi.
- Tarjuma 'Adim al-adab fi du'a shahr Rajab written by 'Abd Ali (alive in 1271/1854)
- Sharh Ziyarah Rajabiyya written by Muhammad b. Muqim Barfurushi (d. 1281/1864-65)
- Rajabiyya written by Muhammad Mahdi Qazwini (d. 1129/1717)
- Sharh Du'ay-i Rajabiyya written by Muhammad Karim Khan b. Ibrahim Kirmani Shaykhi (d. 1288/1871)
- Al-Risala al-Rajabiyya written by [[Muhammad b. Husayn Tunkabuni (d. 1302/1885)
- Sharh Du'ay-i Rajabiyya written by Muhammad Baqir b. Muhammad Ja'far b. Hamadani (d. 1333/1915)
- Ziyarah Rajabiyya written by an unknown author.
- Sharh Du'a' al-Rajab written by an unknown author.
Rewards for Reciting the Ziyara and Its Recommendation
Al-Shaykh al-Tusi said, "Visit religious sites in Rajab and recite this supplication upon entrance." Ibn al-Mashhadi wrote, "it is recommended to recite this supplication when visiting the holy shrine of Imam Ali (a) on the eve of Mab'ath or upon visiting other Imams (a) in the month of Rajab."
|For the full text, see text:al-Ziyarah al-Rajabiyya.|
- The material for this article is mainly taken from زیارت رجبیه in Farsi Wikishia.