Maqām of Lady Zaynab (a) (Arabic: مقام السیدة زینب) in Egypt or Masjid al-Sayyida Zaynab (a) is a tomb located in Cairo attributed to Lady Zaynab (a), daughter of Imam Ali (a). This place is a visit destination for Shi'a and Sunnis who love the Ahl al-Bayt (a).
Maqam of Lady Zaynab (a) is located in the al-Sayyida Zaynab (a) neighborhood in the southern region of Cairo. Al-Sayyida Zaynab (a) neighborhood is known as one of the oldest and most crowded places in Cairo. Near Maqam of Lady Zaynab (a), there is a street called Zayn al-'Abidin (a). Also, there is a square near this Maqam called "Hadrat Zaynab (a)". 
There is a disagreement among historians regarding the person buried in this place and the history of its building. In different historical reports, the existence of a grave attributed to Lady Zaynab (a) in this location has been mentioned. According to an opinion, after the Event of Karbala, Lady Zaynab (a), daughter of Imam Ali (a), returned to Medina; but, following the force of the ruler of Medina for going out of the city, in 61/680-1, she went to Egypt, whose people were famous for loving the Ahl al-Bayt (a) and lived there and finally passed away in 62/682. According to this view, Lady Zaynab (a) was buried in a place which is now called "Masjid al-Sayyida Zaynab (a)".
There is a report saying that in the 6th/12th century, contemporary with the government of Sayif al-Din Abu Bakr b. Ayyub, a person called Fakhr al-Din al-Tha'lab al-Ja'fari, governor of Cairo and among the noble leaders of Zaynabiyyun, built a building in this place.
The building for the Maqam of Lady Zaynab (a) in Egypt in the 10th/16th century was repaired by the governor of Egypt at the time of Sultan Salim Qanuni, the tenth Ottoman king. Then in 1174/1760-1, 'Abd al-Rahman Katkhuda (KadKhuda), one of the commanders of Egypt who made great efforts in reconstruction and expansion of cultural and pilgrimage cites in Egypt, reconstructed Maqam of Lady Zaynab (a). In 1210/1795-6, the Darih inside the Maqam was replaced by a Darih made of copper. Later, Muhammad Ali Pasha, the governor of Egypt, reconstructed and expanded this place in 1270/1853-4.
In 1294/1877-8, the gate in from of the dome of Maqam of Lady Zaynab (a) was covered by Muhammad Tawfiq Pasha, with Egyptian and Istanbuli marble stone. Reconstruction of the dome, mosque and minaret of Maqam of Lady Zaynab (a) began in 1297/1879-80 by the governor of that time and finished in 1320/1902-3.
- (Sayyida Zaynab neighborhood. (Arabic)).
- Ibrāhīm, Marāqid Ahl al-Bayt fī l-Qāhira, p. 68-69.
- Qāsim Miṣrī, al-Sayyida Zaynab wa akhbār al-Zaynabāt, p. 78.
- Ṣaffār, al-Marʾa l-ʿaẓīma, p. 286; An overview of the history of the Zaynabi scene in Egypt. (Arabic); Naqdī, Zaynab al-Kubrā, p. 164.
- Ṣaffār, al-Marʾa l-ʿaẓīma, p. 286-287; An overview of the history of the Zaynabi scene in Egypt. (Arabic); Naqdī, Zaynab al-Kubrā, p. 164-165.
- Amīn, al-Sayyid Muḥsin al-. Aʿyān al-Shīʿa. Edited by Ḥasan Amīn. Beirut: Dār al-Taʿāruf li-l-Maṭbūʿāt, 1403AH.
- Amīn, al-Sayyid Muḥsin al-. Raḥalāt al-Sayyid Muḥsin al-Amīn. Kuwait: Dar al-Turāth al-Islāmī li-ṭibaʿat wa al-Nashr wa l-Tawḍīʿ, [n.d].
- Ibrāhīm, Muḥammad Zakī. Marāqid Ahl al-Bayt fī l-Qāhira. Edited by Isnawī, Ḥasan Yūsuf. Qaitbay: Muʾassisat Iḥyāʾ al-Turāth al-Ṣūfī, 1424 AH.
- Jaʿfarīyān, Rasūl. Panjāh safarnāma-yi ḥajj-i qajārī. Tehran: Nashr-i ʿIlm, 1389 Sh.
- Naqdī, Jaʿfar. Zaynab al-Kubrā. Translated by Husayn ʿImādzāada. Tehran: Saʿdī, [n.d].
- Qāsim Miṣrī, Ḥasan Muḥammad. Al-Sayyida Zaynab wa akhbār al-Zaynabāt. Second edition. Cairo: Maṭbaʿat al-Maḥmūdīyya al-Tijārīyya, 1353 AH.
- Ṣaffār, Ḥasan Mūsā. Al-Marʾa l-ʿaẓīma. Beirut: Muʾassisa al-Intishār al-ʿArabī, 2000.
- Sharīf al-qurashīyy, Bāqir. Al-Sayyida Zaynab rāʾid al-jaḥād fī l-Islām. Beirut: Dār al-Maḥajjat al-Bayḍāʾ, 1422 AH.
- شام و مصر از چشم یک مسافر ایرانی در عصر محمدعلی پاشا (Syria and Egypt from the eyes of an Iranian traveler in the era of Muhammad 'Ali Pasha 1256 AH.(Persian)). Accessed: 2023/08/06.
- نبذة عن تاريخ المشهد الزينبي في مصر (An overview of the history of the Zaynabi scene in Egypt. (Arabic)). Accessed: 2023/08/06.
- بررسی تحلیلی سیر مقتل نگاری عاشورا (2) (Analytical review of the course of writing maqtal of Ashura (2). (Persian)). Accessed: 2023/08/06.
- حی السیدة زینب (Sayyida Zaynab neighborhood. (Arabic)).