Ma'sat al-Zahra (a) (book)
|Ma'sat al-Zahra (a)|
|Author||al-Sayyid Ja'far Murtada al-'Amili|
|Original title||مأساة الزهراء|
|Subject||Lady Fatima (a)|
Maʾsāt al-Zahrā (a) (Arabic:مأساة الزهراء) is a book about events of the last years of Lady Fatima's (a) life written by al-Sayyid Ja'far Murtada al-'Amili. In this book, he tried to answer questions about the events in the last years of Lady Fatima's (a) life and her martyrdom. As it has been mentioned in the Persian translation of the book, it was written in an answer to questions posed by al-Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Fadl Allah.
About the Author
- Main article: Al-Sayyid Ja'far Murtada al-'Amili
Al-Sayyid Ja'far Murtada al-'Amili was a researcher of Islamic history and contemporary Lebanese biographer. He wrote al-Sahih min sirat al-Nabi al-A'zam (s) and some other books about the lives of the Ahl al-Bayt (a).
Goal of Writing
In recent years, some questions were posed about the martyrdom of Lady Fatima (a) and how it happened, therefore, al-Sayyid Ja'far Murtada al-'Amili began to answer them and wrote Ma'sat al-Zahra (a). After writing two volumes of this book, Ja'far Murtada wrote another book in two volumes and named it Khalfiyyat Ma'sat al-Zahra (a).
In this book, after mentioning the virtues and merits of Lady Fatima (a), the author speaks extensively about what happened to Lady Fatima (a) after the Prophet (s) passed away and has discussed about the martyrdom of Lady Fatima (a) and how it happened.
In three parts and 17 chapters, the author has discussed about beating and insulting Lady Fatima (a), why she went behind the door, the existence of the door, the nail on the door, miscarriage of Muhsin b. Ali (a), setting fire to the door and other issues.
Second volume of the book is dedicated to works, information and poems. In this volume, the author has tried to prove insulting Lady Fatima (a) and her martyrdom by referring to different sources including Sunni sources.
Part One: Oppression of Lady Fatima (a)
- Chapter one – position and infallibility of Zahra (a)
- Chapter two – Zahra (a) and the knowledge of the unseen
- Chapter three – futile attempts and criticism of Sulaym b. Qays
- Chapter four – opinion of al-Shaykh al-Mufid
- Chapter five – opinions of Kashif al-Ghita' and Sharaf al-Din
- Chapter six – loving and respecting Zahra (a)
- Chapter seven – why Fatima (a) opened the door?
- Chapter eight – from here and there
- Chapter nine – story of the nail on the door
Part Two: Texts and Works
- Chapter one – Oppression of Zahra (a) in poems of Arab poets
- Chapter two – Oppression of Zahra (a) in hadiths of the Infallible ones (a)
- Chapter three - Oppression of Zahra (a) in religious arguments
- Chapter four – Muhsin in texts and works
- Chapter five – the event in the speeches of transmitters of hadith and historians
Part Three: House Doors of Medina at the Time of the Prophet (s)
- Chapter one - House doors of Medina at the time of the Prophet (s)
- Chapter two – doors of Kaaba and house of Mecca
- Chapter three – attempt at burning the house of Fatima (a).
- The material for this article is mainly taken from (مأساة الزهراء (کتاب in Farsi WikiShia.