Sayyidat Nisa' al-'Alamin
Sayyidat Nisa' al-ʿAlamin (Arabic: سَیِّدَة نِساء العالَمین) (literally: the master of all the ladies in all the worlds) is one of the titles of the Lady Fatima (a). The title was given to her by the Prophet (s). Imam Ali (a), also, called her by this title.
Giving the Title by the Prophet (s)
According to Sunni sources, the Prophet (s) told Fatima (a), " O, Fatima! are not you happy to be the lady of the ladies of the world and the lady of all the ladies in this nation and the lady of all the faithful women?"
This title has been mentioned frequently in various scriptures of Ziyarahs (pilgrimage), such as: Ziyarah al-Warith, Ziyarah 'Ashura', Ziyarah Fatimat al-Zahra' (a), Ziyarah al-Imam al-Rida (a), Ziyarah Fatima al-Ma'suma (a) and …
Greatest Woman from Sunni Point of View
According to the reports from famous Sunni scholars such as: al-Subki, al-Suyuti, al-Nasa'i, Abu Dawud, al-Qadi Qutb al-Din and others, the Lady Fatima al-Zahra' (a) was the greatest woman in all the worlds based on these arguments:
- The hadith quoted from the Prophet (s): "Fatima is a part of my body"
- The Prophet's saying to Fatima (a): "Are not you happy to be the lady of all faithful women?"
- In-authenticity, unreliability and weakness of the hadith which says, "The Prophet's wives were the best companion of him."
Moreover, al-Miqrizi said that if we believe that Lady Maryam (a) was a prophet, she will be more superior; but if we reject her prophethood, the Lady Fatima (a) will be the greatest woman in all the worlds.
- Niyshaburi, Sahih, vol.5 p.57; Ibn Athir, Usd al-ghaba, vol.7 p.223
- Kulayni, al-Kafi, vol.1 p.381-382
- Raji, Hayat nisa' ahl bayt, p.660-663
- Al-Nayshaburi, Muslim b. Hajjaj , Sahih.
- Ibn Athir, 'Ali b. Muhammad. Usd al-ghaba.
- Al-Kulayni, Muhammad b. Ya'qub. Al-Kafi. Tehran: Al-Maktaba al-Islamiyya, 1388
- Raji, Muhammad. Hayat nisa' ahl bayt. Beirut: Dar al-Ma'rifa, 1429/2008