- Main article: Al-Batul
Batul is the epithet of Lady Fatima (a), the daughter of the Holy Prophet (s), hence, 'Ali b. Abi Talib (a), her husband, was titled "Zawj al-Batul". Delivering a sermon upon his return from the Battle of Nahrawan, he described himself as Zawj al-Batul.
- Qummi, Bayt al-ahzan, p.23
- Saduq, Ma'ani l-akhbar, p.58
- Qummi, 'Abbas. Bayt al-ahzan. Qom: Ishtihardi's translation
- Saduq, Muhammad b. 'Ali al-. Ma'ani al-akhbar. Qom: Jami'a Mudarrisin, 1403
- The material for this article is mainly taken from زوج البتول in Farsi Wikishia.