Sayyid Abu l-Qasim Dihkurdi Isfahani
|Full Name||Sayyid Abu l-Qasim Dihkurdi Isfahani|
|Studied in||Isfahan, Iraq|
|Burial Place||Zaynabiyya, Isfahan|
|Professors||Shaykh Husayn Ardakani Sayyid Muhammad Hasan Shirazi Mirza Husayn Nuri Habib Allah Rashti|
|Students||Murtada Mazahiri Muhammad Rida Khurasani Sayyid 'Abbas Dihkurdi Mirza 'Ali Aqa Shiraz and ...|
|Permission for Hadith|
|Imam Khomeini, Sayyid Shihab al-Din Mar'ashi Najafi, Sayyid Husayn Burujirdi, etc.|
|Works||Minbar al-wasila, etc|
Sayyid Abu l-Qāsim Dihkurdī Isfahānī (Persian: سید ابوالقاسم دهکردی اصفهانی) (b. 1272/1855-6 - d. 1353/1934) was among Shi'a scholars in fiqh in 14th/20th century. He began his education in Isfahan and then went to Iraq and after studying under Habib Allah Rashti and others, returned to Isfahan at the age of 37 and began teaching and issuing fatwas. He educated many students. His works include Minbar al-wasila and Luma'at on commentary of Du'a al-Simat.
Birth and Education
Sayyid Abu l-Qasim known as Dihkurdi Isfahani was son of Sayyid Muhammad Baqir and was born in Shahrekord, Iran, in 1272/1855-56. He passed away on Shawwal 6, 1353/January 12, 1935 and was buried in Zaynabiyya of Isfahan.
Abu l-Qasim Dihkurdi learned basics and higher levels of fiqh, usul al-fiqh and other Islamic sciences in Isfahan under Mirza Abu l-Ma'ali Karbasi, Muhammad Baqir Masjid Shahi, Muhammad Hasan al-Najafi, and Muhammad Baqir Fisharaki. He also studied under his uncle, Akhund Mulla Muhammad Hasan Isfahani.
He then went to Iraq and in Samarra studied under Shaykh Husayn Ardakani and Mirza Muhammad Hasan Shirazi and in Najaf under Zayn al-'Abidin Mazandarani, Mirza Husayn Nuri, Fath Ali Sultan Abadi, and Mirza Habib Allah Rashti.
At the age of 37, he returned to Isfahan and began teaching and issuing fatwa in Sadr School.
In addition to his scholarly activities, Dihkurdi also made sermons and gave consults to people. Aqa Buzurg called him as "Khatib" [lecturer].
- Sayyid Muhammad Radawi Kashani
- Murtada Mazahiri
- Muhammad Rida Khurasani
- Sayyid 'Abbas Dihkurdi, known as Safiyy
- Mirza 'Ali Aqa Shiraz
- Mu'allim Habib Abadi
- Sayyid 'Abd al-Husayn Tayyib, author of Atyab al-bayan
- Muhammad Taqi Musawi, author of Mikyal al-Makarim
- Sayyid Hasan Chaharsuqi
- Murtada Dihkurdi
- Sayyid Muhammad Baqir Raja'i
- Husayn'ali Siddiqin
- Mir Muhammad Mahdi Imam Jum'a
- Mulla Ali Marbini
- Sayyid Abu l-Qasim Firiyduni
- Sayyid Ali Akbar Hashimi
- Sayyid Ahmad Nurbakhsh Dihkurdi (his brother)
- Sayyid Muhammad Baqir Imami (his nephew)
- Sayyid Muhammad Jawad Najafi (his nephew and son-in-law)
Permission for Hadith Transmission
These scholars had permission for hadith transmission from Sayyid Abu l-Qasim Dihkurdi:
Some of his works are as follows:
- Minbar al-wasila known as Wasila, a volume of which has been published about Tawhid
- Luma'at on commentary of Du'a al-Samat
- Commentary on Sharayi' al-islam in fiqh
- Marginal notes on al-Fayd al-Kashani's Tafsir al-safi
- Marginal notes on al-Wafi
- Marginal notes on Jami' 'Abbasi
- Marginal notes on Nukhba Kalbasi
- Risalah [for rulings in fiqh]
- Persian commentary on Man la yahduruh al-faqih
- Dhakhira on du'as
- A treatise on Words (in usul al-fiqh)
- A treatise on purity
- The material for this article is mainly taken from سید ابوالقاسم دهکردی in Farsi WikiShia.