ʿUmrat al-Tamattu' (Arabic: عمرة التمتع) is a kind of 'umra. The other type of 'umra is al-'Umra al-Mufrada. 'Umrat al-tamatu' is a part of hajj al-tamattu', i.e. hajj al-tamattu' consists of two acts: 'umrat al-tamattu' and hajj al-tamattu'. 'Umrat al-tamattu' is very similar to al-'umra al-mufrada, although there are some differences.
Umrat al-tamattu' consists of five compulsory rituals which must be performed in the following sequence:
- Ihram: in one of the five Miqats.
- Salat al-Tawaf (2 rak'as)
- Sa'y between Safa and Marwa.
- Taqsir (cutting some hair or nails). In 'umrat al-tamattu' halq (shaving the head) is not permissible.
- Fāḍil Lankarānī, Aḥkām-i ʿumra-yi mufrada, p. 35.
- Adʿīya wa ādāb al-ḥaramayn, p. 296.
- Kulaynī, al-Kāfī, vol. 4, p. 536.
- Markaz-i Taḥqīqāt-i Ḥajj. Adʿīya wa ādāb al-ḥaramayn fī l-ʿumra al-mufrada. Tehran: Mashʿar, 1383 Sh.
- Fāḍil Lankarānī, Muḥammad. Aḥkām-i ʿumra-yi mufrada. Eleventh edition. Qom: Intishārāt-i Amīr-i Qalam, 1426 AH.
- Kulaynī, Muḥammad b. Yaʿqūb al-. Al-Kāfī. Edited by ʿAlī Akbar Ghaffārī. Fourth edition. Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmīyya, 1407 AH.