World Conference of the Millennium of al-Shaykh al-Mufid
The World Conference of the Millennium of al-Shaykh al-Mufid was a scholarly and cultural event held on the occasion of a millennium after the demise of al-Shaykh al-Mufid in Shawwal 1413, April 1993 in the Islamic Seminary of Qom. In the conference, views of al-Shaykh al-Mufid concerning theology, jurisprudence, history, and hadiths, as well as features of his period, were discussed and debated.
- Main article: Al-Shaykh al-Mufid
The Conference Organization
The World Conference of the Millennium of al-Shaykh al-Mufid was held on days of the anniversary of the martyrdom of Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (a) from April 17 to April 19, 1993 (Shawwal 24-26, 1413) in the Higher Training and Judicial School in Qom under the chairmanship of Ayatollah Ustadi and with a message from Ayatollah Khamenei. Over 250 scholarly figures from twenty three countries in the world attended the conference, and views of al-Shaykh al-Mufid concerning theology, jurisprudence, history, and hadith as well as features of his period were debated by many scholars, researchers, and professors of Islamic seminaries and universities, and a number of papers were presented.
List of Papers
Here is a list of papers for the Conference of the Millennium of al-Shaykh al-Mufid, which were published in dozens of volumes:
- Imamate (5 papers)
- Al-Shaykh al-Mufid and al-Shaykh al-Saduq (3 papers)
- Debates (4 papers)
- Wilayat al-faqih (Guardianship of the Jurist) and al-Shaykh al-Mufid (7 papers)
- Soul and spirit (7 papers)
- Jurisprudence and jurisprudential issues (16 papers)
- Usul al-fiqh (principles of jurisprudence) and its issues (9 papers)
- History (13 papers)
- Al-Mufid's biography (10 papers)
- Al-Mufid's bibliography (8 papers)
- Miscellaneous issues of Theology (20 papers)
- Miscellaneous papers (10 papers)
- The material for this article is mainly taken from کنگره جهانی هزاره شیخ مفید in Farsi WikiShia.