Kashf al-yaqin fi fada'il Amir al-Mu'minin (book)
|Kashf al-yaqin fi fada'il Amir al-Mu'minin|
|Original title||کشف الیقین فی فضائل امیرالمؤمنین علیه السلام|
|Subject||Excellences of Imam 'Ali (a)|
|Publisher||Qom: Majma' Ihya' al-Thaqafa al-Islamiyya|
|Translator||'Ali Akbar Aghili Ashtiani|
|En. publisher||Qom: Ansariyan Publications, 2007|
Kashf al-yaqīn fī faḍāʾil Amīr al-Muʾminīn (a) (Arabic: كشف الیقین في فضائل أمیرالمؤمنین علیه السلام) [literally: unveiling certainty on the virtues of the Commander of Faithfuls] is a book by al-'Allama al-Hilli (d.726/1326) about the merits and virtues of Imam 'Ali (a).
- Main article: al-'Allama al-Hilli
Abū Manṣūr Jamāl al-Dīn Ḥasan b. Yūsuf b. Muṭahhar al-Hillī (b. 648/1251- 726/1326), known as "al-'Allama al-Hilli", was a Shi'a scholar of the 8/13 century. His debates and writings led to Oljeitu becoming a Shi'a, which in turn led to the spread of Shi'a beliefs in Iran. Al-Allamah al-Hilli has many works on jurisprudence, principles of jurisprudence,theology, philosophy, logic, supplications and other fields of Islamic studies. Because of his wast knowledge, he was the first person entitled Ayatollah.
The book has one introduction and four chapters:
- First chapter: on the merits of Imam 'Ali (a) before his birth.
- Second chapter: the creation and birth of Imam 'Ali (a)
- Third chapter: the virtues of Imam 'Ali (a) in adulthood. This chapter is divided into two subsections: a: personal virtues and merits; b: his virtues in the verses of the Qur'an and narrations from the Prophet (s).
- Fourth chapter: the merits of Amir al-Mu'minin (a) after his martyrdom.
The author has titled each particular topic and every single narration so to make the search easy in the book.
Except for few, all narrations of the book is taken from Sunni sources, including: Musnad Ahmad, Manaqib of Khwarazmi, Khasa'is of al-Tabari, al-Yawaqit, Asbab al-nuzul of Wahidi, Manaqib of Ibn al-Maghazili and Bisharat al-Mustafa. Due to a promise on maintaining concision which he had made in the introduction, the author does not narrate the chain of transmission of any narration, he only mentions the final narrator, the Infallible (a) and the source from which he has taken the hadith.
'Allama al-Majlisi used this book as one of the sources for Bihar al-anwar.
- Manuscript in the Central library of the University of Tehran. In the handwriting of Muhammad Jabu'I (the progenitor of al-Shaykh al-Baha'i) writing of this copy was finished on Tuesday Sha'ban 21, 852/1448. This copy was verified by the original copy in the handwriting of Al-'Allama al-Hilli.
- Manuscript in the Central library of the University of Tehran. Date and copyreader are unknown.
- Manuscript in the Central library of the University of Tehran, dated: Rabi' I 1232/1817.
- Manuscript in the Library of Ayatollah Mar'ashi Najafi, dated: Jumada II 1086/1575.
After these two prints, the book has been published for numerous times.
This book has been translated into English by 'Ali Akbar Aghili Ashtiani.
- The material for this article is mainly taken from کشف الیقین فی فضائل امیرالمؤمنین علیه السلام in Farsi WikiShia.