Safwan b. Hudhayfa
Ṣafwān b. Ḥudhayfa b. Yamān (Arabic: صَفْوان بن حُذَیْفَة بن یَمان, martyred in 37/657 in the Battle of Siffin) was a companion of Imam 'Ali (a) and a martyr of the Battle of Siffin. Safwan's father, Hudhayfa, was a companion of the Prophet Muhammad (s) and a companion of Imam 'Ali (a). Safwan and his brother, Sa'id (or Sa'd), fought for Imam 'Ali (a) in the Battle of Siffin at their father's will, and they were both martyred in this battle.
- Ṭūsī, Rijāl, p. 69; Khoei, Muʿjam al-rijāl, vol. 10, p. 131.
- Ibn Athīr, al-Kāmil, vol. 3, p. 287; Amīn, Aʿyān al-Shīʿa, vol. 7, p. 389.
- Amīn, Muḥsin al-. Aʿyān al-Shīʿa. Edited by Ḥasan al-Amīn. Beirut: Dār al-Taʿāruf li-l-Maṭbūʿāt, 1403 AH.
- Ibn Athīr, ʿAlī b. Muḥammad. Al-Kāmil fī l-tārīkh. Beirut: Dār al-Ṣādir, 1385 AH.
- Khoei, Abū l-Qāsim al-. Muʿjam rijāl al-ḥadīth. Qom: Nashr-i Tawḥīd, 1413 AH.
- Ṭūsī, Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan al-. Rijāl. Qom: Daftar-i Nashr-i Islāmī, 1415 AH.