Al-Kawthar fi ahwal Fatima (book)
|Al-Kawthar fi ahwal Fatima (book)|
|Author||Sayyid Muhammad Baqir Musawi|
|Original title||اَلْکَوثَر فی اَحْوال فاطمة بِنْت النَّبیّ الاَطْهَر|
|Subject||Fatima al-Zahra' (a)|
|Publisher||Dalil-i Ma Publications|
Al-Kawthar fī aḥwāl Faṭima bint al-nabī al-aṭhar (Arabic: الکوثر فی أحوال فاطمة بنت النبي الأطهر) is seven-volume collection written by Muhammad Baqir Musawi about the life of Fatima al-Zahra' (a). He tried to collect reliable hadiths from major Shiite books as well as Qur'anic verses and historical narrations that concern the life and virtues of Fatima al-Zahra' (a). The book contains an overall of 583 Quranic verses and hadiths about Fatima (a).
The book is a collection of hadiths in seven volumes concerning the biography and virtues of Fatima al-Zahra' (a) based on evidence from the Qur'an and hadiths.
List of Volumes
Here are some contents of the seven volumes of the book:
- Volume 1: The beginning of the creation of Fatima (a), the reason for the creation of the world, the resort to Fatima (a), her conception, the date of birth, the love of the Prophet (s) for her, Fatima's (a) letter
- Volume 2: Quranic verses about Fatima (a), Hadith al-Kisa'
- Volume 3: The virtues of Fatima (a)
- Volume 4: The love of Fatima (a) for Ali (a), her role as a housekeeper, her patience and asceticism, Ali (a) being honored by Fatima (a), Fatima's (a) progeny, Fatima's (a) defense of Amir al-Mu'minin (a)
- Volume 5: Supplications, tasbih, and ziyaras of Fatima (a), asking Fatima (a) for the good, Fatima's (a) worships, Fatima's (a) mosque, Fatima's (a) hajj, A'isha's hostility towards Fatima (a), expression of hatred from those who did injustice to Fatima (a), narrations of injustice done to Fatima (a), Fatima's (a) will, Fatima's (a) hidden grave, Fatima's charity, revenge from those who did injustice against Fatima (a)
- Volume 6: History and geography of Fadak, the material value of Fadak, the usurpation of Fadak, Fatima al-Zahra's (a) speech in Medina, Fatima's (a) speech for women, Fatima's (a) wrath, attack on Fatima's (a) house, Fadak in later periods
- Volume 7: Fatima's (a) fulfillment of supplications by God, comparison between Fatima (a) and Maryam (a), the prohibition of salawat without mentioning the Household of Muhammad (s).
Baqir Sharif Qurashi's Comment
In the introduction of the book, Hayat Sayyidat al-Nisa' Fatima al-Zahra' (a), Baqir Sharif al-Qarashi refers to al-Kawthar fi ahwal Fatima (a) as an encyclopedia encompassing Islamic doctrines and various aspects of life and character of al-Zahra' (a). He praises the author's efforts despite the citation of hasan and unreliable hadiths in the book.
- Mūsawī, al-Kawthar fī aḥwāl-i Fāṭima, index of the book.
- Qarashī, Ḥayāt Sayyidat al-Nisāʾ Fāṭima al-Zahrā (a), p. 22.
- Mūsawī, Muḥammad Bāqir. Al-Kawthar fī aḥwāl-i Fāṭima bnt. al-Nabī al-athar. Qom: Dalīl-i Mā, 1386 SH.
- Qarashī, Bāqir Sharīf al-. Ḥayāt Sayyidat al-Nisāʾ Fāṭima al-Zahrā (a). [n.p]. Dār al-Dhakhāʾir, 1385 SH.