|Author||Shaykh Abbas Qummi|
|Original title||فیْضُ الْقَدیر فیما یَتَعَلّقُ بِحَدیثِ الْغَدیر|
Fayḍ al-qadīr fī-mā yataʿallaq bi-ḥadīth al-Ghadīr (Arabic: فيض القدير فيما يتعلّق بحديث الغدير) is a theological book in Persian written by Shaykh Abbas Qummi. The work is a summary of two volume of Abaqat al-anwar by Mir Hamid Husayn al-Hindi concerning the Event of Ghadir Khumm and the appointment of Ali (a) as an Imam.
'Abbas b. Muhammad Rida al-Qummi (b. 1294/1877-8 - d. 1359/1941), known as Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi and Muhaddith Qummi, was a Shiite scholar of the fourteenth/twentieth century. He was well-known in hadiths and history as well as preaching and orations. Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi wrote many books, the best-known of which are Mafatih al-jinan, Safinat al-bihar, and Muntaha al-amal. He died in Najaf in 1359/1941 and was buried in the Holy Shrine of Imam Ali (a).
As pointed out by Muhaddith Qummi himself, Fayd al-qadir is a summary of two volumes of Abaqat al-anwar by Mir Hamid Husayn concerning the Event of Ghadir. The book was written in 1321/1903-4 in Najaf. It consists of two "maqsad"s (destinations):
- The first destination:
- The first section: proofs for the tawatur of Hadith al-Ghadir and citation of Sunni scholars who wrote books about the hadith (this section has eight chapters).
- The second section: Fakhr al-Din al-Razi's remarks in the rejection of Hadith al-Ghadir, and a reply to him (including nine chapters and a conclusion).
- The third section: people who undermined Hadith al-Ghadir following Fakhr al-Din al-Razi, and replies to them (including two chapters and two "maqam"s or stances).
- The second destination: the implication of Hadith al-Ghadir for the Imamate of Ali (a) and a rejection of 'Abd al-'Aziz al-Dihlawi's remarks in Tuhfa-yi Ithna Ashariyya (including twelve chapters).
Allama Amini's Review
In his book, al-Ghadir, Allama Amini has a section under people who wrote books about Hadith al-Ghadir, where he praises the scholarly character of Muhaddith Qummi and says about Fayd al-Qadir: "the book amounts to over three hundred pages, and its author has collected hadiths and materials about Hadith al-Ghadir."
Although Fayd al-qadir is a theological book concerning issues of Imamate, al-Qummi has also tackled certain historical, biographical, rijal, hadith, philological, and syntactical issues as materials demand. Its Persian prose involves certain humors to prevent the reader from being bored.
The first print of Fayd al-qadir was in 1365 sh/1986-7 with efforts by Ayatollah Ustadi in Mu'assisa-yi Dar Rah-i Haqq. It was then published based on the first print by the publications of Islamic Propagation Office in 1376 sh/1997-8.
- The material for this article is mainly taken from فیض القدیر فیما یتعلق بحدیث الغدیر (کتاب) in Farsi Wikishia.