|Umm Farwa bt. al-Imam al-Sadiq (a)|
|Father||Imam al-Sadiq (a)|
|Mother||Fatima bt. al-Husayn b. Ali b. al-Husayn|
|Spouse(s)||Husayn b. Zayd|
Umm Farwa (Arabic: ام فروة), is the daughter of Imam al-Sadiq (a) and Fatima, the daughter of al-Husayn b. 'Ali b. al-Husayn (a). From this wife of his, Imam al-Sadiq (a) had two other children named Isma'il and 'Abd Allah. According to Ibn Shahrashub, the name of this daughter of Imam was Asma' and her teknonym was Umm Farwa.
|Family tree of Ahl al-Bayt (a)|
Attending the Mourning Session of Imam al-Husayn (a)
Abu Dawud al-Mustriq, a poet who composed poems for the Ahl al-Bayt (a), has narrated that, "one day, I was with Imam al-Sadiq (a). He asked me to recite an elegy for the mourning of Imam al-Husayn (a). Before I began, he (a) asked people around, 'call Umm Farwa to come and hear the sufferings of her grandfather.' Umm Farwa came and sat behind the curtain. Then Imam (a) said, 'recite the poem.'"
- Mufīd, al-Irshād, vol. 2, p. 209.
- Ibn Shahrāshūb, Manāqib Āl Abī Ṭālib, vol. 4, p. 280; Amīn, Aʿyān al-Shīʿa, vol. 1, p. 260.
- Shabrāwī, al-Itḥāf bi ḥubb al-ashrāf, p. 216.
- Fakhr al-Rāzī, al-Shajarat al-mubāraka fī ansāb al-ṭālibīya, p. 90.
- Amīnī, al-Ghadīr, vol. 2, p. 414
- Amīn, al-Sayyid Muḥsin al-. Aʿyān al-Shīʿa. Beirut: Dār al-Taʿāruf, 1403 AH.
- Amīnī, ʿAbd al-Ḥusayn. Al-Ghadīr fī al-kitāb wa al-sunna wa al-ʾadab. Qom: Markaz al-Ghadīr li-l-Dirāsāt al-Islāmīyya, 1416 AH.
- Fakhr al-Rāzī, Muḥammad b. al-ʿUmar al-. Al-Shajarat al-mubāraka fī ansāb al-ṭālibīya. 2nd edition. Qom: Nashr-i Maktabat Ayatullāh Marʿashī Najafī, 1419 AH.
- Ibn Shahrāshūb, Muḥammad b. ʿAlī. Manāqib Āl Abī Ṭālib. Qom: Nashr-i ʿAllāma, 1379 AH.
- Mufīd, Muḥammad b. Muḥammad al-. Al-Irshād fī maʿrifat ḥujaj Allāh ʿalā l-ʿibād. Edited by Muʾassisat Āl al-Bayt. Qom: Kungira-yi Shaykh al-Mufīd, 1413 AH.
- Shabrāwī, Jamāl al-Dīn. Al-Itḥāf bi ḥubb al-ashrāf. 1st edition. Qom: Dār al-Kutub, 1423 AH.