Hasan b. Zayn al-Din al-'Amili
|This article does not cite any references or sources.|
|Full Name||Hasan b. Zayn al-Din al-'Amili|
|Well-Known Relatives||al-Shahid al-Thani (his father)•Sahib al-Madarik(his nephew)|
|Permission for Hadith|
|al-Sayyid Najm al-Din al-'Amili|
|Works||Ma'alim al-din wa maladh al-mujtahidin|
Abū Manṣūr Jamāl al-Dīn, Hasan b. Zayn al-Dīn(Arabic: أبومنصور، حسن بن زين الدين), well-Known as Sāḥib al-Maʿālim (صاحب المعالم) (b. 959/1552 - d. 1011/1602-3) was the son of al-Shahid al-Thani and one of the Shi'a faqihs of the 11th/17th century. His most famous book is Ma'alim al-din wa maladh al-mujtahidin.
Hasan b. Zayn al-Din was born in Ramadan 17, 959/Sempember 11, 1552 in Jaba' located in the area of Jabal 'Amil. His father, al-Shahid al-Thani, was martyred when he was a child. He and his nephew, Sayyid Muhammad al-Musawi al-'Amili (Sahib al-Madarik) were classmates. He composed a lament for Sahib al-Madarik when he passed away. Hasan b. Zayn al-Din had a good memory, good handwriting, and poetic talent.
He has narrated hadiths from Ali b. Hasan al-'Amili, al-Husayn b. 'Abd al-Samad al-Harithi, Ali b. Sayyid Fakhr al-Din al-Hashimi al-'Amili, Ahmad b. Sulayman al-'Amili and al-Shahid al-Thani. He has given a Permission [of Narration] to Sayyid Najm al-Din al-'Amili. One of his uncommon fatwas is the individual duty (al-Wujub al-'Ayni) of Friday Prayer during the Major Occultation.
- Sayyid Najm al-Din b. Muhammad al-Husayni al-Musawi al-Sakiki
- Sayyid 'Ali b. Najm al-Din b. Muhammad al-Husayni al-'Amili
- Shaykh Ahmad b. 'Ali b. Sayf al-Din al-'Amili
- Ma'alim al-din wa maladh al-mujtahidin
- al-Risalah al-Ithna 'Ashariyya fi al-salat
- Jawab al-masa'il al-madaniyyat
- Risalah fi man' taqlid min al-mayyit
- Mishkat al-qawl al-sadid fi tahqiq ma'na al-ijtihad wa al-taqlid
He passed away in 1011/1602-3 and was buried in Jaba'.