Hasan b. Zayn al-Din al-Amili
|Full Name||Hasan b. Zayn al-Din al-Amili|
|Religious Affiliation||Twelver Shi'a|
|Well-Known Relatives||al-Shahid al-Thani (his father) • Sahib al-Madarik (his nephew)|
|Studied in||Lebanon • Najaf|
|Permission for Hadith|
|al-Sayyid Najm al-Din al-Amili|
|Works||Ma'alim al-din wa maladh al-mujtahidin|
Ḥasan b. Zayn al-Dīn al-Āmilī(Arabic: حسن بن زين الدين العاملي), well-Known as Sāḥib al-Maʿālim (صاحب المعالم) (b. 959/1552 - d. 1011/1602-03) was the son of al-Shahid al-Thani and one of the Shi'a faqihs of the eleventh/seventeenth century. His most famous book is Ma'alim al-din wa maladh al-mujtahidin.
Hasan b. Zayn al-Din was born in Ramadan 17, 959/Sempember 16, 1552 in Jaba' located in the area of Jabal Amel. His father, al-Shahid al-Thani, was martyred when he was a child. He and his nephew, Sayyid Muhammad al-Musawi al-Amili (Sahib al-Madarik) were classmates. He composed a lament for Sahib al-Madarik when he passed away. Hasan b. Zayn al-Din had a good memory, good handwriting, and poetic talent.
He has narrated hadiths from Ali b. Hasan al-Amili, al-Husayn b. 'Abd al-Samad al-Harithi, Ali b. Sayyid Fakhr al-Din al-Hashimi al-Amili, Ahmad b. Sulayman al-Amili and al-Shahid al-Thani. He has given permission of narration to Sayyid Najm al-Din al-Amili. One of his uncommon fatwas is the individual duty (al-Wujub al-'Ayni) of Friday Prayer during the Major Occultation.
- Sayyid Najm al-Din b. Muhammad al-Husayni al-Musawi al-Sakiki
- Sayyid Ali b. Najm al-Din b. Muhammad al-Husayni al-Amili
- Shaykh Ahmad b. Ali b. Sayf al-Din al-Amili
- Ma'alim al-din wa maladh al-mujtahidin
- al-Risalah al-Ithna Ashariyya fi al-salat
- Jawab al-masa'il al-madaniyyat
- Risalah fi man' taqlid min al-mayyit
- Mishkat al-qawl al-sadid fi tahqiq ma'na al-ijtihad wa al-taqlid
He passed away in 1011/1602-03 and was buried in Jaba'.