List of the works of Sulayman b. Abdullah Mahuzi includes the books and treatises of Sulayman b. Abdullah Mahuzi (d. 1121/1709) who was among the Shiite rijal scholars. He has more than eighty works, among which the following books have been published: Mi'raj ahl al-kamal ila ma'rifat al-rijal, Bulghat al-Muhaddithin, Fihrist Al-i Babawyh, Ulama' al-Bahrain, and Risalat al-salafat al-bahiyya fi al-tarjumat al-maythamiyya.
Most of Mahuzi’s works are treatises and many of them are incomplete. Regarding incompleteness of many of his treatises, Al-Sayyid Muhsin al-Amin, the author of A'yan al-Shi'a, gave the possibility that perhaps Mahuzi had started writing the treatises at the same time and they remained unfinished with his untimely death (at the age of 44).
Rijal and Hadith
- Mi'raj ahl al-kamal ila ma'rifat al-rijal: a commentary of the book al-Fihrist written by al-Shaykh al-Tusi which has been published.
- Bulghat al-Muhaddithin in rijal which has been published as an appendix to the book Mi'raj ahl al-kamal.
- Hawashi al-talkhis
- Risalat al-tasamuh fi adillat al-sunan, in which tolerance has been proved in the arguments of sunan [traditions] with twelve hadiths.
- Sharh al-ahadith al-mutafarriqa
- Risalat fihrist al Babiwayh wa ahwalihim: A short treatise that contains the biographies of fifteen scholars from Babawayh Razi family, such as al-Shaykh al-Saduq and Muntajab al-Din al-Razi. This treatise has been published together with two treatises of Ulama' al-Bahrain and Jawahir al-Bahrain fi 'ulama' al-Bahrain, under the name of Al-i Babawayh and 'Ulama' al-Bahrain.
- 'Ulama' al-Bahrain: biographies of 34 Bahraini scholars.
- Jawahir al-Bahrain fi 'ulama' al-Bahrain: biographies of 13 Bahraini scholars.
- Risalat al-salafat al-bahiyya fi l-tarjumat al-maythamiyya: a biography of Ibn Maytham al-Bahrani
- Al-fawa'id al-sirriyya fi sharh al-Ithnay 'Ashariyya l-salatiyya: A commentary on the treatise al-Ithnay 'Ashariyya written by Shaykh al-Baha'i which is not complete.
- Manzumat al-Risalat al-Ithnay 'Ashariyya, in which Risalat al-Ithnay 'Ashariyya of Shaykh al-Baha’i has been recomposed in poetic style.
- Hawashi al-Ithnay 'Ashariyya: A gloss on the book al-Ithnay 'Ashariyya fi l-salat al-yawmiyya written by Al-Shahid al-Thani
- Risalat fi jawaz al-taqlid
- Taqlid al-mayyit
- Al-Risalat al-salatiyya
- Risalat fi wajibat al-salat wa shara'itiha wa ahkamiha l-labuddiyya
- Risalat fi l-salat
- Risalat nazimat al-shattat fima yastahibbu ta'khiruhu 'an awa'il al-'awqat
- Risalat fi awqat al-salawat
- Risalat afdaliyyat al-tasbih 'ala l-hamd fi thalithat al-thulathiyyat wa akhyarani al-ruba'iyya: On the preference of Tasbihat al-Arba'a over reciting Sura al-Fatiha in the third and fourth rak'as of daily prayers.
- Risalat fi kayfiyyat al-tasbih fi l-akhiratayn wa thalithat al-maghrib
- Risalat fi tahqiq kawn al-wad' juz' min al-sujud: In opposition to the opinion of his teacher Muhammad bin Majid
- Sajdatay al-shukr wa wujub al-dhikr fihima
- Risalat fi wujub al-Qunut
- Risalat fi mas'alat wujub salat al-Jum'a 'ain: On refutation of the words of some scholars who believed that Friday prayer is forbidden during the Age of Occultation.
- Risalat wujub ghusl al-Jum'a
- Risalat al-sawmiyya
- Risalat tahrim al-irtimas 'ala l-sa'im duna naqdih
- Risalat al-Hajj al-sughra
- Al-Risalat l-kubra fi masa'il al-khilaf fi l-Hajj
- Risalat fi l-masa'il al-khilafiyya fi manasik al-Hajj
- Risalat hukm al-hadath fi athna' al-ghusl
- Risalat fi wujub ghusl al-jinaba wa ghairiha min al-tiharat li-ghairiha
- Risalat fi l-ihbar wa l-takfin
- Risalat fi 'adam-i khuluww kull zaman 'an al-mujtahid al-jami' li-l-shara'it
- Risalat fi l-adnas
- Risalat al-bayr wa l-balu'a
- Risalat nafhat al-'abir fi taharat al-bayr, In the issue of well water rules.
- Risalat iqamat al-dalil fi nusrat al-Hasan b. Abi 'Aqil fi 'adam nijasat al-ma' al-qalil: In this treatise, arguments are given to prove the report of Ibn Abi 'Aqil Ommani about non-impurity of Qalil water when it comes in contact with Najis object.
- Risalat fi 'adam infi'al al-qalil
- Risalat nijasat abwal al-dawwab al-thalath: On the impurity of urine of horse, mule and donkey.
- Jawab al-su'al 'an abwal al-dawwab wa arwathiha
- Risalat fi wujub al-taharat li-ghayriha khususan al-jinaba: On the states of Purity which become obligatory to acquire due to Obligatory prayers and the like.
- Risalat fi talaq al-gha'ib
- Risalat fi istiqlal al-ab bi-l-wilayat 'ala al-bakr al-baligh al-rashid fi l-tazwij
- Risalat fi l-talaq al-badhli
- Risalat fi l-qur'a
- Risalat al-istikharat
- Risalat fi tahrim tasmiyyat al-Sahib (a), About the prohibition of mentioning the name of Imam al-Mahdi (a)
- Al-Risala al-mawsuma bi-l-sirr al-maktum fi bayan hukm ta'allum al-nujum
- Risalat fi l-'asir al-'inabi wa l-zabibi wa l-tamri
- Al-Risalat al-mawsuma bi-fasl al-khitab fi kufr ahl al-kitab wa l-nussab, which is uncompleted.
- Risalat al-ihbat wa l-takfir
- Jawabat al-Shaykh Nasir b. Muhammad al-Khatti, most of whose issues are jurisprudential, beginning with the secondary rulings regarding marriage.
- Jawaz tahlil ahad al-sharikayn al-umma li-sahibih
- Jawaz al-tatayyub bi-l-zubad
Principles of Jurisprudence
- Al-'Ashrat l-kamila: it includes ten issues in the principles of jurisprudence on the subject of Ijtihad and following mujtahid.
- Risalat fi muqaddamat al-wajib
- Risalat kashf al-qina' 'an haqiqat al-ijma'
- Hawashi l-ma'alim
Mysticism, Ethics and Supplications
- falaq al-asbah fi sharh-i miftah al-falah: a gloss on the book Miftah al-falah written by Al-Shaykh al-Baha'i which is incompleted.
- Iqaz al-ghafilin: On the subject of preaching.
- Tanbih al-na'im wa iqaz al-ha'im: In remembrance of death and its benefits, containing about three hundred verses.
- Al-lu'lu' al-thamin fi sharh adab al-muta'allimin: A commentary on the book Adab al-muta'allimin written by Nasir al-Din al-Tusi.
- Risalat fi adab al-bahth
- Al-durr al-nazim fi l-tawakkul wa l-rida wa l-tafwid wa l-taslim
- Risalat asrar al-salat, which is named al-ghurrat or al-gharra'.
- Risalat fi niyyat al-mu'min khayr min 'amalih
- Risalat fi khawas yawm al-jum'a, in which 206 features of Friday are mentioned.
- Al-Arba'un haditha fi ithbat imamat Amir al-Mu'minin (a): which was published in 1375 SH with Mahdi Raja'i's research.
- Risalat fi kalimat al-Tawhid la ilah-a illa Allah lafzan wa ma'nan
- Al-Tawhid, Which Husayn b. Muhammad 'Usfury wrote a commentary on it.
- Sharh al-bab al-hadi 'ashar: A commentary on the book Al-Bab al-hadi ashar written by Al-'Allama al-Hilli, which is not completed.
- Arjuza fi al-kalam, in which the chapter Hadi 'Ashar has been recomposed in poetic style.
- Risalat 'adam jawaz al-sahw 'ala al-Nabi (s)
- I'lam al-huda fi mas'alat al-bada'
- Sawb al-nida fi mas'alat al-bada', which is incompleted.
- Ifham al-afham fi 'aqa'id din al-Islam: This book has also been titled as I'lam al-anam bi 'ilm al-kalam. A commentary called Kashf al-lutham has been written on it by Husayn Al-i 'Usfur, the nephew of the Yusuf al-Bahrani.
- Al-Nukat al-badi'a fi firaq al-Shi'a
- Hidayat al-qasidin ila 'aqa'id al-din
- Dhari'at al-mu'minin wa wasilat al-'arifin fi 'ilm al-kalam wa usul al-din
- Risalat fi ta'rib risalat farsiyya fi arba'a masa'il fi al-radd 'ala al-'amma: This book is a translation of the Persian book Radd al-'amma written by one of the companions, which Mahuzi translated into Arabic.
- Risalat fi ma'na al-Shi'a
- Maqalat fi l-iktifa' bi-l-ma'rifa al-hasila min al-taqlid fi l-iman
- Al-Jawharat al-farida fi talkhis al-'aqida: In this book, the author has described his beliefs; and his goal has been to practice and prepare for death.
History and Genealogy
- Al-Risalat al-shamsiyya: About the event of Radd al-Shams
- Risala fi tazwij 'Umar li-Umm Kulthum bint 'Ali (a)
- Dhakhirat yawm al-mahshar fi fisad nasab 'Umar
- Risalat fi l-nahw
- Risalt fi i'rab tabaraka Allah ahsan al-khaliqin
- Al-Nukat al-saniyya fi al-masa'il al-Mazaniyya: Explanation and adding Arabic diacritics to an issue by Bakr b. Muhammad Mazani (d. 248/862) which was quoted in the book al-Akhbar.
Logic and philosophy
- Risalat fi l-mantiq, with its commentary
- Al-Shifa or al-Shafi: On theoretical theosophy.
- Risalat fi wujud al-kulli l-tabi'i
Poetry and literature
- Marathi 'ala al-Husayn (a): a book of poetry about mourning for Imam al-Husayn (a)
- Manzumat durat al-Bahrayn fi ratha' al-Husayn (a)
- Diwan-i ash'ar
- Azhar al-Riyad: A book on a miscellany of topics in three volumes, including treatises, benefits and poems.
- Majmu'at al-Mahuzi: Including benefits and treatises in two volumes.
- Al-Fawa'id al-Najafiyya: containing short treatises, similar to the book al-Fawa'id al-Tusiyya by al-Hurr al-'Amili.
- Makhayil al-i'jaz fi l-mu'ammayat wa l-alghaz
- Risalat fi 'ilm al-munazarat
- Al-Risala al-hamdiyya, which Ahmad b. Ibrahim Bahrani the father of the Yusuf al-Bahrani has a commentary on it.
- Risalat fi sharh khutbat al-Istisqa': According to Aqa Buzurg Tihrani, it is a commentary on the sermon of Istisqa' by Imam Ali (a), which is mentioned in Man la yahduruh al-faqih.
- Risalat al-'ijala: about a hadith from Abi Lubayd al-Makhzumi on disjoined letters in the Qur'an.
- Sharh khutbat al-qamus
- Quwwat al-ihya' fi talkhis al-ihya': A summary of the book Ihya' al-'ulum written by Muhammad al-Ghazzali.
- Al-Risala l-mawsuma bi-du' al-nahar
- The material for this article is mainly taken from فهرست آثار سلیمان بن عبدالله ماحوزی in Farsi WikiShia.