List of works by Sayyid Muslih al-Din Mahdawi Isfahani is collection of books and articles by Sayyid Muslih al-Din Mahdawi (d. 1416/1995), a Shi'a author from Isfahan in the fifteenth/twenty 1st century. Reportedly, he began writing since he was fifteen years old, and continued writing until his death. Mahdawi wrote over seventy books, articles, and essays concerning the life of the Infallible Imams (a), prominent religious figures and scholars, poets, and famous figures in Isfahan. Almost half of his works have been published.
Here are his books and articles:
- Here are some of his published books:
1. Ibtal al-safa fi dikr asma' l-shuhada' (It has been translated in Persian as Yaran-i bawafa-yi Husayn).
2. Armaghan-i Isfahan dar sharh-i hal-i allama-yi Behbahan, Biography of Sayyid Ali Musawi Bihbahani (d. 1395/1975-6).
3. Isfahan dar al-ʿilm-i sharq (an introduction to 185 seminary schools in Isfahan).
4. A'lam-i Isfahan.
5. Bayan al-mafakhir, a biography of Sayyid Muhammad Baqir Shafti and his household.
6. Tarikhcha-yi Arzunan wa maqbara-yi 'ulya jinab Zaynab Khatun ma'ruf bi Zaynabiyya.
7. A history of the city of Samarra and the life of 'Askariyyayn (a), along with the endowment letter and history of the public bath and Husayniyya in Samarra, and a brief biography and bibliography of Grand Ayatollah Hajj Aqa Husayn Burujirdi.
8. Tarikh-i 'ilmi wa ijtima'i-yi Isfahan dar du qarn-i akhir or Bayan subul al-hidaya fi a'qab sahib al-hidaya, About the descendants of Shaykh Muhammad Taqi Razi Isfahani, the author of Hidayat al-mustarshidin (The family of Najafi Masjidshahi in Isfahan).
9. Tazkira-yi shu'ara-yi mu'asir-i Isfahan.
10. Tazkirat al-qubur ya danishmandan wa buzurgan-i Isfahan.
11. Ta'limat-i dini, (Religious teachings) written with colleagues to be taught at high schools.
12. Khandan-i Shaykh al-Islam dar Isfahan, (The household of Shaykh al-Islam in Isfahan), a survey of four hundred years of the history of Shaykh al-Islam household from al-Muhaqqiq al-Sabzawari to Dr. Ali Shaykh al-Islam.
13. Rijal-i Isfahan ya tazkirat al-qubur, the gloss of Sayyid Muslih al-Din Mahdawi and others on the book of 'Abd al-Karim Gazi (1339/1921).
14. Risala fi i'jaz al-Qur'an, written by Sayyid Muhammad Hasan Musawi Yazdi, by Sayyid Muslih al-Din Mahdawi.
15. Zindiginama-yi 'Allama Majlisi.
16. Lisan al-ard ya tarikh-i takht-i fulad-i Isfahan.
17. 'Atiyyat al-Jawad (a): this is the eleventh volume of the collection of the sayings of the Infallibles, devoted to the biography of Imam Muhammad al-Jawad (a) and a translation and interpretation of the sayings transmitted from the Imam (a).
18. Mukhtasari az tarikhcha-yi mahalla-yi khaju wa waqfnama-yi hammam-i sharif.
19. Mazarat-i Isfahan, edited by Asghar Muntazir al-Qa'im.
20. Mashahir-i zanan-i Isfahan, by Muhammad Husayn Riyahi.
21. Yadnama-yi faqih-i ahl-i bayt, 'alim-i rabbani, 'arif-i ilahi Ayatollah Sayyid Bahr al-'Ulum Mirdamadi (1345-1411/1926-7 -1990-1).
22. Mukhtasari az sharh-i hal-i hazrat-i Ayatollah al-'uzma haj Mir Sayyid Ali Bihbahani.
23. Sharh-i hal-i si nafar az khandan-i 'alim-i zahid-i jalil marhum haj Muhammad Ibrahim Kalbasi, dar muqaddama-yi huquq-i zan dar Islam wa Irth.
24. Sharh-i hal-i marhum shahid-i Isfahani: Haj Mirza Abu al-Hasan Al Rasul Musawi wa khandan-i ishan, dar Tuhfat al-abrar.
25. Sharh-i hal-i marhum Haj Aqa Husayn 'Imadzada Isfahani, Published in Navid Isfahan newspaper.
26. Sharh-i hal-i Haj Sayyid Muhammad Baqir Shafti Bidabadi Hujjat al-islam, in Nur-i 'ilm magazine of Qom.
27. Sharh-i hal-i Aqa Shaykh Muhammad Rida Abu al-Majd Najafi Masjidshahi, in Nur-i 'ilm magazine of Qom.
28. Sharh-i hal-i marhum Sayyid Karim Nikzad Husayni Dihkurdi, in Navid Isfahan newspaper.
29. Sharh-i hal-i Haj Shaykh Murtada Mazahiri in Navid-i Isfahan newspaper. Isfahan ya Dar al-'ilm-i sharq, p. 351, History and Culture Magazine, No. 1, Mehr 1370, p. 216.
30. Ghayat al-amal wa l-amani, Biography of Sayyid Hashim 'Allama Bahrani in the introduction of the book: Al-lawami' l-nuraniyya
31. Fihrist-i ijmali-yi madaris-i dini Isfahan qadiman wa jadidan dar kitab-i: Muhit-i adab
- Muslih al-Din wrote a number of books and articles, which have not been published:
1. Arba'in mentioning forty hadiths about the knowledge of scholars.
2. Irshad al-nas In the biography of the late Haj Shaykh Abbas Misbah Dastgirdi.
3. Ash'ariha-yi Qom wa Isfahan.
4. Imamzadaha-yi Isfahan wa tawabi'.
5. Tarikh-i tashayyu' mardum-i Isfahan wa zindigani-yi Abu Nu'aym al-Isfahani
6. Tarikh-i zindigani-yi Aqa Baqir Khurasgani (Shah Baqir padishah-i si ruz).
7. The life history of several scholars including: Jahangir Khan Qashqa'i, Aqa Sayyid Sadr al-Din 'Amili, Mawla Abd al-Karim Gazi wa Sayyid Ali Najaf Abadi.
8. Tarikh-i 'ulama' wa muhaddithin wa shu'ara' wa hukama-yi Isfahan, Including nearly twenty thousand people.
9. Tarikh-i Kazimayn.
10. Tuhfat al-safar: safarnama Compiled in 1359/1940-1.
11. Fourteen volumes about the life and aphorisms of the fourteen infallible Imams.
12. Al-Ha'iriyyun: The names of a number of scholars buried or attributed to Karbala (Al-Ha'ir al-Husayni).
13. Al-Hujja al-baligha Hadiths on the virtues of Imam Ali (a) and Ahl al-Bayt (a) which are taken from Sunni books, including three volumes. 1. From the book Tarikh al-hunafa' Suyuti. 2. Zikr-i akhbar-i Isfahan. 3. Mizan al-i'tidal Zahabi.
14. Khujandian sharh-i hal wa athar-i Al-i Khujand 'ulama' wa muhaddithin-i shfi'i dar Isfahan
15. Sharh-i hal-i Abu al-Qasim Dihkurdi
16. Sharh-i hal-i Ayatollah Haj Mir Sayyid Ali Mujtahid Najafabadi
18. Fadak wa masir-i tarikhi-yi an
19. Qur'an dar ahadith, A collection of hadiths about the Quran.
20. Kalimat al-ma'sumin (a) A collection of narrations divided by topic.
21. Ganjina, A collection of poetry, history and literature like Kashkul.
22. A collection of Quranic verses divided by topic.
23. Mazarat-i Isfahan (Maqabir-i Isfahan).
24. Al-Mustabsirin, The name and biography of a group of non-Muslim or Sunni scholars who have become Shiites.
25. Ma'arif-i Isfahan
26. Wafiyyat al-aʿwam is a list of prominent scholars and philosophers in the order of the years of their deaths, and nearly ten volumes of books and essays concerning diverse issues such as hadith and histories.
- Mahdawi also published articles in different journals, such as the following:
1. Isfahan dar sahna-yi mubarizat-i siyasi wa iqtisadi: dar sada-yi tahrim-i tanbaku (On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the death of Mirzai Shirazi and the anniversary of the rise of the tobacco embargo, the new chapter of Iran's political history)
2. Nama-i omidbakhsh
3. Du fiqdan-i asafnak, sharh-i hal-i Sayyid Karim Nikzad Mirhusayni.
4. Du fiqdan-i asafnak, sharh-i hal-i Haj Aqa Husayn 'Imadzada.
5. Sharh-i hal-i Aqa Baqir Khuraskani.
6. Sharh-i hal-i Aqa Shaykh Muhammad Rida Najafi Isfahani.
7. Bi yad-i chihilumin ruz-i irtihal-i Ayatollah al-'uzma Mar'ashi Najafi.
8. Bi yad-i chihilumin ruz-i irtihal-i Ayatollah al-'uzma Mar'ashi.
9. Sharh-i hal-i Ibrahim Sirri Pudai, In the introduction to Book of poems of the late Sayyid Ibrahim Sirri; edited and compiled by Dr. Sayyid Abu l-Qasim Sirri.
10. Zindigani-yi faqih-i mujahid Hadrat-i Ayatollah Haj Sayyid Muhammad Baqir Shafti
11. Sharh-i hal-i haj Mirza Abu l-Hasan Al-i Rasul Musawi Shams Abadi (Shahid-i Isfahani) wa khandan-i u
12. Ghayat al-amal wa l- amani, Sharh-i hal-i Sayyid Hashim al-Bahrani
13. Muhammad Ali Mu'allim Habib Abadi, yadnama-yi Habib Abadi, to the appendix of the fifth volume of Makarim al-athar.
14. Masjid-i Sayyid-i Isfahan, paygah-i mashrutiyyat wa inqilab-i islami
15. Qasida tarikhi-siyasi dukhaniya az asr-i tanbaku, dar sada-yi tahrim-i tanbaku (On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the death of Mirza Shirazi and the anniversary of the rise of the tobacco embargo, the new chapter of Iran's political history.)
16. Muqaddama bar Lama'at-i Husayni az Husayn Shams
17. Hamdam-i mardum, (Memorandum of al-'Allama al-Majlisi)
18. Yadi az Takhta fulad
- The material for this article is mainly taken from فهرست آثار سید مصلحالدین مهدوی اصفهانی in Farsi WikiShia.