Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan b. ʿAli b. al-Ḥasan (b. 385/995 in Tus, d. 460/1067 in Najaf), better known as al-Shaykh al-Ṭūsī (Arabic: الشيخ الطوسي), was one of the greatest Shi'a jurists and compilers of hadith.
- Muqaddima fi al-madkhal ila ilm al-kalam
- Usul al-aqa'id [Principles of Beliefs]
- Iqtisad al-hadi ila tariq al-rashad
- Talkhis al-shafi: This book is a summary of al-Sharif al-Radi's al-Shafi fi l-imamah which speaks about imamate
- Tamhid al-usul, a commentary on Jumal al-'ilm wa l-'amal of his master Sayyid Murtada
- Riyadat al-uqul the commentary of the book Muqaddima fi al-madkhal ila ilm al-kalam
- Kitab al-Ghayba: This is about the occultation of Imam al-Mahdi (a).
- Ma la yasa' al-mukallaf al-ikhlal bih
- Al-mufassah fi al-imama, his important work in Imamate
- Ma yu'allal wa ma la yu'allal (What can be Proved and What Cannot be Proved): This is about theology.
- Al-Farq bayn al-nabi wa l-imam (The Difference between Nabi and Imam).
- Al-Tibyan fi tafsir al-Qur'an: This book is the first commentary of the Qur'an which compiles all aspects of Qur'anic sciences.
- Al-Masa'il al-damishqiyya twelve issues in Qur'anic exegesis.
- Al-Masa'il al-rajabiyya: This is about the exegesis of verses of the Qur'an.
- Al-Nihaya fi mujarrad al-fiqh wa l-fatawa: This is one of his greatest works in Shi'a jurisprudence and includes his fatwas
- Al-Khilaf fi l-ahkam, or Masa'l al-khilaf: In this book, the laws and instructions of different Islamic denominations are discussed and evaluated.
- Al-Mabsut fi fiqh al-Imamiyya: This is one of the most important books in Shi'a jurisprudence and encompasses all divisions of jurisprudence.
- Mas'ala fi tahrim al-fuqqa'
- Mas'ala fi wujub al-jizya ala al-yahud wa al-muntamin ila al-jababira
- Masa'il ibn al-barraj
- Al-Masa'il al-qayyima
- Al-ijaz about fara'iz
- Al-Masa'il al-janbala'iya
- Al-Masa'il al-ha'iriyya, In his Sara'ir Ibn Idris named it as al-Ha'iriyyat
- Al-Masa'il al-halabiyya
Principles of Jurisprudence
- Sharh al-sharh in Usul
- Al-'Uddat fi l-usul: The first part of this book is about the principles of faith, and the second is about the principles of jurisprudence
- Mas'ala fi al-amal bi-khabar al-wahid wa bayan hujiyyatihi
- Al-Istibsar fi ma ikhtalafa min al-akhbar: This compilation of hadith is one of the Four Books and one of the main sources of Shi'a jurisprudence.
- Tahdhib al-ahkam: This hadith compilation is one of the Four books.
- Ikhtiyar al-rijal: This book is an edition of Rijal al-Kashshi. The original work of al-Kashshi no longer exists, and what is today known as Rijal al-Kashshi is this edition of al-Shaykh al-Tusi.
- Al-Abwab (Doors), or Rijal al-Shaykh al-Ta'ifa
- Al-Jumal wa l-uqud: This is about 'ibadat (acts of worship), and was written at the request of Qadi 'Abd al-Aziz b. Nahrir b. 'Abd al-Aziz b. al-Barraj, the judge of Trablus (d.481/1088)
- Mukhtasar al-misbah
- Mukhtasar fi amal yawm wa layla
- Hidayat al-mustarshid wa basirat al-muta'abbid
- Misbah al-mutuhajjid: This is one of the most important and reliable Shi'a resources for rituals, practices and prayers.
- Al-Amali (Dictations): Since al-Shaykh al-Tusi dictated this book in several sessions, it is also called Al-Majalis (Sessions).
- Uns al-wahid
- Al-Fihrist: The authors of books and Usul and chain of references to those books are mentioned.
- Mukhtasar akhbar al-Mukhtar ibn abi 'Ubayd al-Thaqafi (Concise history of Mukhtar al-Thaqafi).
- Mas'ala fi al-ahwal
- Al-Masa'il al-ilyasiyya
- Al-Masa'il al-raziyya
- Maqtal al-Husayn (a)
- Manasik al-hajj fi mujarrad al-amal
- Al-Naqd ala ibn shadhan fi mas'alat al-ghar
- Al-Tusi, al-Nihaya, pp. 17-31