List of Works by Sadr al-Din al-Shirazi is the collection of works by Sadr al-Din Muhammad b. Ibrahim al-Shirazi (b. 979/1571-1572 - d. 1050/1640), a well-known Shiite philosopher, mystic, and exegete of the Quran. He is also known as Mulla Sadra. He was a student of Mir Damad and Baha' al-Din al-'Amili. Mulla Sadra wrote many works on different subjects. Here are his main books:
- Al-Hikmat al-muta'aliya fi l-asfar al-'aqliyyat al-arba'a: also known as al-Asfar, This Mulla Sadra's main work.
- Al-Mabda' wa l-ma'ad: This work is also called al-Hikmat al-muta'aliya. The book counts as a summary of the second part of al-Asfar.
- Tafsir al-Quran al-karim (the exegesis of the Quran). Mulla Sadra wrote an exegesis of different verses and suras of the Quran. Late in his life, he started to write a complete exegesis of the Quran, but it remained unfinished by his death.
- Sharh usul al-kafi: his incomplete commentary on Usul al-Kafi in seven volumes.
- Diwan Ash'ar
- Asrar al-ayat wa anwar al-bayyinat
Exegesis of Verses and Suras
- Ma'ani al-alfaz al-mufrada
- Mutashabih al-qur'an
- Mafatih al-ghayb
- Sharh al-Usul min al-Kafi
- A hadith from Tawhid of al-Saduq
- Explanation of two hadith: 1)from Imam al-Sadiq (a): "ma min amr yukhtalaf fihi ithnan..." 2)Explanation of a hadith in virtue of scholar who benefiting people by his knowledge.
- Explanation of some hadith and important philosophical and mystical issues which is mentioned from Mulla Sadra.
- Sharh hadith "kuntu kanzan makhfiya"
Mysticism and Ethics
- Risala se asl': subject of this book is mysticism and ethics in Persian, advocating philosophy.
- Kasr al-'asnam al-jahiliyya: in Arabic and in rejection of Sufisim.
- Al-Hikma al-muta'aliya fi l-asfar al-'aqliyya al-arba'a (the transcendent wisdom regarding four intellectual journeys). The book has a unique place as to its comprehension and influence on Islamic wisdom in recent centuries—in particular, "Shiite wisdom".
- Ittihad 'aqil wa ma'qul
- Ittisaf al-mahiya bi-l wujud
- Ajwabat al-masa'il
- Idrakat juz'i'
- Al-Ajwaba 'an usulat al-nasiriyya an shams al-din al-khusrowshahi
- Ajwabat al-masa'il al-awisa an muzaffar husayn kashani
- Ajwabat al-masa'il in answering to his students in five philosophical issues
- Iksir al-'arifin fi ma'rifat tariq al-haqq wa al-yaqin
- Ta'liqat al-shifa'
- Hashiya sharh hikmat al-ashraq
- Huduth al-'alam
- Saryan nur wujud al-haq fi al-mujudat wa ihata bi-l mumkinat
- Sharh al-hidayat al-athiriya
- Lamiya ikhtisas al-mantaqa bi mawdi' mu'ayyan min al-falak
- Al-Masa'il al-qudsiyya wa al-qawa'id al-malakutiyya
- Al-Waridat al-qalbiya fi ma'rifat al-rububiyya
- Al-Hikmat al-'arshiyya
- Khalq al-a'mal, jabr wa tafwid al-qadar wa af'al al-'ibad
- Al-Shawahid al-rububiyya fi al-manahij al-sulukiyya
- Al-Qada wa al-qadar fi af'al al-bashar
- Al-Mabda' wa al-ma'ad
- Al-Mazahir al-ilahiya fi asrar al-'ulum al-kamaliya
- Al-Ma'ad al-jismani, Zad al-salik - Zad al-musafir
- Al-Tasawwwur wa al-tasdiq
- Al-Luma'at al-mashriqiyya fi al-mabahith al-mantiqiyya, al-tanqih - al-tanqiya
- Jung, A selective collection of poem and verse.
- Jawhar mufariq
- Hashiya ala sharh ibn mubarakshah ala hikmat al-'ayn
- Iqaz al-na'imin
- Sadra's letter to Sayyid Damad
- Haqiqat al-kufr wa al-'iman
- His dream, Sadra had a dream, he wrote it.
- Sharh nijat
- Hashiya-nivisi bar kitab qamus al-muhit firuzabadi
- A letter to Sadr Shirazi
Translation of his works to other lanugages
- Al-Masha'ir; the work was translated by Henry Corbin into French.
- Al-Hikmat al-'arshiyya; it was translated by James Winston into English.
- Iksir al-'arifin fi ma'rifat al-haqq wa l-yaqin (a collection of Mulla Sadra's essays); it was translated into Japanese (Tokyo, The Society for Islamic Studies)
- Conception and belief in Sadr al-Din al-Shirazi An essay on tasawwur (conception) and tasdiq (affirmation); it was translated into English by Joep Lameer.
- A summary of al-Asfar; it was translated into German by Max Horten.