Sermon of Fatima al-Sughra in Kufa
Sermon of Fatima al-Sughra in Kufa was a sermon which Fatima, daughter of Imam al-Husayn (a) gave after the martyrdom of his father, when she was in captivity in Kufa. In this sermon, she mentioned the afflictions the family of Imam (a) received from the people of Kufa.
Sources and Content
This sermon was narrated for the first time by al-Tabrisi in al-Ihtijaj. Sayyid b. Tawus mentioned a similar sermon with some differences in Luhuf.
Content of the sermon is:
- Praise of God and acknowledgement of the messengership of the Prophet (s).
- Martyrdom of Imam al-Husayn (a)
- People of Kufa's lack of assistance and the martyrdom of Imam Ali (a)
- Position and merits of the Ahl al-Bayt (a)
- Criticism of the people of Kufa
- Promising the people of Kufa, punishment in this world and in the hereafter
- Ibn Ṭāwūs, ʿAlī b. Musā. Al-Luhūf ʿalā qatla l-ṭufūf. Translated to Farsi by ʿAqīqī Bakhshāyishī. Eights edition. Qom: Daftar-i Nashr-i Nawīd-i Islām, 1379 Sh.
- Ṭabrisī, Aḥmad b. ʿAlī al-. Al-Iḥtijāj ʿalā ahl al-lijāj. Edited by Ibrāhīm Bahādurī. Second edition. Qom: Uswi, 1416 AH.