Fatima bt. al-Imam al-Hasan (a)
|Fatima bt. al-Imam al-Hasan|
Wife of Imam al-Sajjad (a)
|Teknonym||Umm Muhammad or Umm 'Abd Allah|
|Well-known Relatives||Imam al-Hasan (a) (father), Imam al-Baqir (a) (son)|
|Place of Residence||Medina|
|Known for||Mother of Imam al-Baqir (a)|
|Activities||Present at the Battle of Karbala, one of Captives of Karbala|
Fāṭima bt. al-Imām al-Ḥasan al-Mujtabā (a) (Arabic:فاطمة بنت الإمام الحسن) was the wife of Imam al-Sajjad (a) and the mother of Imam al-Baqir (a) who was among captives of the family of Imam al-Husayn (a) after the Tragedy of Karbala.
Teknonyms, Titles, and Position
|Family tree of Ahl al-Bayt (a)|
Her teknonym was Umm Muhammad or Umm 'Abd Allah or Umm 'Abduh and her title was (mentioned in a hadith as) al-Siddiqa. In a narration, Jabir says that he had seen the names of the mothers of Imams (a) in Sahifa Fatima. In this narration, he has mentioned Umm 'Abd Allah daughter of al-Hasan b. Ali b. Abi Talib as the mother of Imam al-Baqir (a).
Imam al-Baqir (a) said that once his mother pointed to the wall and prevented it from collapsing.
There is no mention of the mother of Umm 'Abd Allah, the time or place of her burial in historical sources. The marriage of Fatima with 'Ali b. al-Husayn (a) cause their children to be descended from Imam al-Hasan (a) on the mother's side and from Imam al-Husayn (a) on their father's side. After this marriage, Imam al-Baqir (a) was known as a Hashimi among Hashimiyyun, an 'Alawi among 'Alawiyyun or a Fatimi among Fatimiyyun. Some sources mentioned 'Abd Allah al-Bahir as her son.
Presence in Karbala
- Ibn ʿAsākir, Tārīkh madīnat Dimashq, vol. 70. p. 261.
- Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 46, p. 215.
- Amīn, Aʿyān al-Shīʿa, vol. 8, p. 390.
- Kulaynī, Uṣūl al-Kāfī, vol. 2, p. 446.
- Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 36, p. 194.
- Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 46, p. 215; Qummī, Muntahā l-āmāl, vol. 2, p. 173.
- Amīn, Aʿyān al-Shīʿa, vol. 8, p. 390; Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 46, p. 215; Qummī, Muntahā l-āmāl, vol. 2, p. 173.
- Ibn Ḥajar al-ʿAsqalānī, Tahdhīb al-tahdhīb, vol. 5, p. 325; Khoei, Muʿjam rijāl al-ḥadīth, vol. 11, p. 283.
- Ibn ʿAsākir, Tārīkh madīnat Dimashq, vol. 70, p. 261.
- Amīn, al-Sayyid Muḥsin al-. Aʿyān al-Shīʿa. Edited by Ḥasan Amīn. Beirut: Dār al-Tʿāruf li-l-Maṭbūʿāt, [n.d].
- Ibn Ḥajar al-ʿAsqalānī, Aḥmad b. ʿAlī. Tahdhīb al-tahdhīb. Beirut: Dār Ṣādir, [n.d].
- Ibn ʿAsākir, ʿAlī b. al-Ḥasan. Tārīkh madīnat Dimashq. Edited by ʿAlī Shīrī. Beirut: Dār al-Fikr, 1415 AH.
- Khoei, Sayyid Abū l-Qāsim al-. Muʿjam rijāl al-ḥadīth. Najaf: Muʾassisat al-Khoei al-Islāmīyya, [n.d].
- Kulaynī, Muḥammad b. Yaʿqūb al-. Uṣūl al-Kāfī. Tarjuma-yi Ḥasan Ḥasanzāda Amulī. Qom: Qāʾim Āl-i Muḥammad, 1387 Sh.
- Majlisī, Muḥammad Bāqir al-. Biḥār al-anwār al-jāmiʿa li-durar akhbār al-aʾimmat al-aṭhār. Edited by a group of authors. Beirut: Dār Iḥyāʾ al-Turāth al-ʿArabī, [n.d].
- Mufīd, Muḥammad b. Muḥammad al-. Al-Irshād fī maʿrifat ḥujaj Allāh ʿala l-ʿibād. Edited by Muʾassisat Āl al-Bayt. Qom: al-Muʾtamar al-ʿĀlamīyya li-alfīya al-Shaykh al-Mufīd, 1372 Sh.
- Qummī, Shaykh ʿAbbās. Muntahā l-āmāl. Qom: Muʾassisat Intishārāt-i Hijrat, [n.d].