Al-Mujīr Supplication (Arabic: دعاء المجیر) is a popular Islamic supplication. According to hadiths, Gabriel revealed the supplication to the Prophet (s). This supplication is cited by al-Kaf'ami in his Misbah and al-Balad al-amin. The supplication has 88 sections in each of which the phrase "أَجِرْنَا مِنَ النَّارِ يَا مُجِيرُ" (Keep us safe from the everlasting fire O Giver of Refuge!) is repeated. It is recommended to recite the supplication in Ayyam al-Bid (the White Days) for one's sins to be forgiven.
Al-Mujir Supplication is cited from the Prophet (s). It was revealed to him by Gabriel when he was saying his prayers in Maqam Ibrahim. The supplication is cited by al-Kaf'ami in his al-Balad al-amin and al-Misbah, and by Shaykh Abbas Qummi in Mafatih al-jinan.
The supplication is called "al-Mujir" because the word "Mujir" (the Giver of Refuge—a divine attribute) is repeated in all of its sections.
According to hadiths, if one recites al-Mujir Supplication in Ayyam al-Bid of the Ramadan month, his or her sins will be forgiven, even if they are as many as raindrops, tree leaves, and sands of deserts. The recitation of this supplication is helpful for the healing of the sick, paying one's debts, acquisition of wealth and the removal of sadness and remorse.
Al-Mujir Supplication has 88 sections at the beginning of each God is exalted by two divine attributes, such as "سُبْحَانَكَ يَا دَائِمُ تَعَالَيْتَ يَا قَائِمُ" (Exalted are you! O' Everlasting! Transcendent are you! O' ever-enduring!). At the end of each section, the phrase "أَجِرْنَا مِنَ النَّارِ يَا مُجِيرُ" (Keep us safe from the everlasting fire O Giver of Refuge!) is reiterated. The supplication ends with salawat to the Prophet (s) and Ahl al-Bayt (a).
|For the full text, see text:al-Mujir Supplication.|
- Kafʿamī, al-Balad al-amīn wa l-dirʿ al-ḥaṣīn, pp. 498-95.
- Kafʿamī, al-Miṣbāḥ, p. 358.
- Qummī, Mafātīḥ al-jinān, pp. 146-53.
- Dehkhodā, Lughatnāma, under the word Mujir.
- See: Kafʿamī, al-Miṣbāḥ, p. 358.
- Dehkhodā, ʿAlī Akbar. Lughatnāma. Tehran: Dānishgāh-i Tehrān, 1348 Sh.
- Kafʿamī, Ibrāhīm b. ʿAlī al-. Al-Balad al-amīn wa l-dirʿ al-ḥaṣīn. Beirut: ʿAlāʾ l-Dīn Aʿlamī, 1418 AH.
- Kafʿamī, Ibrāhīm b. ʿAlī al-. Al-Miṣbāḥ fī al-adʿiya wa al-ṣalawāt wa al-ziyārāt. Beirut: Muʾassisat al-Aʿlamī li-l-Maṭbūʿāt, 1414 AH.
- Qummī, Abbās. Mafātīḥ al-jinān. Tehran: Markaz-i Nashr-i Farhangī-yi Rajāʾ, 1369 Sh.