|Full Name||Al-Hajjaj b. Zayd (Badr) al-Tamimi al-Sa'idi|
|Companion of||Imam al-Husayn (a)|
|Place(s) of Residence||Basra|
|Death/Martyrdom||61/680 Day of Ashura|
|Cause ofDeath/Martyrdom||Martyred in the Battle of Karbala|
|Burial Place||Holy Shrine of Imam al-Husayn (a)|
Al-Ḥajjāj b. Zayd (Badr) al-Tamīmī al-Saʿdī (Arabic: الحجاج بن زيد السعدي) was among the martyrs of Karbala.
His father was among great speakers of his time and was among the companions of Imam Ali (a) in the Battle of Siffin. After the martyrdom of Imam Ali (a), Mu'awiya appointed him as the chief of policemen, but he did not accept it.
Al-Hajjaj was from Basra. After Imam al-Husayn (a) wrote a letter to the chiefs of Basra and called them to himself, Mas'ud b. 'Amr al-Azdi (one of the fifth persons Imam (a) wrote a letter to) wrote a letter in which he mentioned his and his tribe's support for Imam (a) and gave it to Hajjaj b. Zayd to deliver it to Imam (a). Hajjaj delivered the letter to Imam (a) and stayed with him and was martyred in the first attack of the army of 'Umar b. Sa'd.
His name is mentioned in the Ziyara al-Shuhada, "Peace be upon al-Hajjaj b. Zayd al-Sa'di."
- Ibn Ḥajar, al-Iṣāba fī tamyīz al-ṣaḥāba, vol. 2, p. 531.
- Ṭabarī, Tārīkh-i ṭabarī, vol. 5, p. 170.
- Samāwī, Ibṣār al-ʿayn, p. 213-214.
- Ibn Ḥajar al-ʿAsqalānī, Aḥmad b. ʿAlī. Al-Iṣāba fī tamyīz al-ṣaḥāba. Edited by ʿĀdil Aḥmad ʿAbd al-Mawjūd and ʿAlī Muḥammad Muʿawwaḍ. Beirut: Dār al-Kutub al-ʿIlmīyya, 1415 AH.
- Samāwī, Muḥammad b. Ṭāhir al-. Ibṣār al-ʿayn fī anṣār al-Ḥusayn (a). Qom: Dānishgāh-i Shahīd Maḥallātī, 1419 AH.
- Ṭabarī, Muḥammad b. Jarīr al-. Tārīkh al-umam wa l-mulūk. Second edition. Beirut: Dar al-Turāth, 1387 AH.