Sa'd b. Hanzala al-Tamimi
|Sa'd b. Hanzala al-Tamimi|
|Companion of||Imam al-Husayn (a)|
|Death/Martyrdom||Muharram 10, 61/October 13, 680|
|Cause ofDeath/Martyrdom||Martyred in the Battle of Karbala|
|Activities||In the battle, he killed and wounded many enemies of Imam al-Husayn (a)|
Ibn Shahrashub in al-Manaqib and 'Allama al-Majlisi in Bihar al-anwar have mentioned his name among the martyrs of Karbala, but Tustari believed that his correct name was Hanzala b. As'ad al-Shibami which has been openly mentioned in 'Auyun akhbar al-Rida (a) and this mistake has been made due to replacement the name of the son with the name of the father and also distortion of 'As'ad to Sa'd.
- See also: Hanzala b. As'ad al-Shibami
Sa'd was among great personalities in the army of Imam al-Husayn (a). On the Day of Ashura when the battle had become intense, he went to Imam (a) and asked him for permission to go to the battlefield. After receiving permission and farewell to Imam (a), he went to the battlefield.
"He went to the battlefield after Khalid b. 'Amr al-Azdi and before 'Umayr b. 'Abd Allah al-Madhhiji and after a brave fight, killed and wounded many soldiers and was martyred in the desert of Karbala in defense of the family of Imam Ali (a)."
- Ibn Shahrāshūb, al-Manāqib, vol. 4, p. 110; Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 45, p. 18.
- Ṣadūq, ʿUyūn akhbār al-Riḍā, vol. 2, chapter 56, hadith 5.
- Shūshtarī, Qāmūs al-rijāl, vol. 4, p. 76-77; vol. 5, p. 31.
- Ibn Shahrāshūb, al-Manāqib, vol. 4, p. 110; Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 45, p. 18; Amīn, Aʿyān al-Shīʿa, vol. 7, p. 222; Qummī, Nafas al-mahmūm, p. 260-261.
- Amīn, al-Sayyid Muḥsin al-. Aʿyān al-Shīʿa. Beirut: Dār al-Tʿāruf li-l-Maṭbūʿāt, 1421 AH.
- Ibn Shahrāshūb, Muḥammad b. ʿAlī. Manāqib Āl Abī Ṭālib. Qom: Nashr-i ʿAllāma, 1379 Sh.
- Majlisī, Muḥammad Bāqir al-. Biḥār al-anwār. Beirut: Muʾassisa al-Wafaʾ, 1403 AH.
- Qummī, Shaykh ʿAbbās. Nafas al-mahmūm fī muṣībat sayyidinā al-Ḥusayn al-mazlūm. Qom: al-Maktaba al-Ḥaydarīyya, 1421 AH.
- Qummī, Shaykh ʿAbbās. Tarjuma-yi Nafas al-mahmūm (Dar Karbalā chi guzasht?). Translated by Kamara'ī. Qom: Intishārāt-i Masjid Jamkarān, 1381 Sh.
- Shūshtarī, Muḥammad Taqī. Qāmūs al-rijāl. Qom: Daftar-i Intishārāt-i Islāmī, 1414 AH.
- Ṣadūq, Muḥammad b. ʿAlī al-. ʿUyūn akhbār al-Riḍā. [n.p], [n.d].